18. HE TORMENTS HER........LOVINGLY.......

"So Ms Malhotra.............shall we start making the presentations?.............".............Dev's voice echoed in the cabin as a petrified Sona turned around to face him and stood rooted to the spot............he showed her a chair next to him on the left hand side of his rectangular table and got back to punching into his laptop............this time more seriously............on seeing Sona being still at her position he called out to her all over again............."kya ab humein pandit ko bulakar muhurat nikalwana padega?...............yah aap iss baat ka wait kar rahi hai ki band waale ayenge aur aapka swagat karenge............kuch der pehle to apne senior se badi badi baatein kar rahi thi aap...........ab kya hua, use rulakar ab khud rone ka mann kar raha hai?..........."..................Dev held a fierce look on his face although in his heart he was Rolfing at Sona's petrified state ...........he knew Sona would be scared of this strict way of his...........Sona was extremely scared now as she could see a glimpse of the angered Dev who had stopped haunting her a few days back.............hurriedly she gathered courage and took the seat next to him as he forwarded the laptop to her and started dictating the points for the presentation as she typed on like a robot.............after a while Dev asked her to go through the presentations and refine it as per her knowledge while he got busy over the call with his clients...............as she immersed herself into the work Dev admired her passion to learn new things and ability to work under tough conditions............this is what he wanted her to be............a tough and intelligent businesswomen.

When Dev put his phone down Sona tried to make peace with him............"Dev, woh main actually..........tumhe batana chahti thi kal...........par phir laga ki........"............Dev stopped her abruptly in-between scarring her all the more............"phir laga ki Dev kahin meri tarraki pe stop na lagade.........kahin mujhe kaam karne se mana na karde.........ya shayad tum mujhe ye batana chahti thi ki tum kitni jyaada smart aur intelligent ho ki tumhe lagta tha ki tum mere hi office mein mujhe bina bataye kaam karogi aur mujhe pata bhi nahin chalega..............just look at you, tum apne hi husband ke office mein ek junior position keliye interview dekar select ho gayi.............roz yahaan kisi bhi aire gaire ki baatein sunne keliye ready ho gayi..........par ego itna hai ki humesha saath rehne waale pati ko nahin bataogi ki din bhar kahan rehti ho...........theek hai na, its fine with me, tum agar mujhe apne kisi bhi matter mein involve hi nahin karna chahti to phir main bhi kyun tumhe lekar pareshan rahu..............hum wahi karenge jo tum chahti ho..........aaj se iss office mein hum dono sirf ek boss aur employee hain...........uske alawa aur kuch nahin.........humari shaadi, humara rishta sab iss office ke bahar hai............ghar ki baatein ghar jaake karenge..........office mein we are nothing but strangers.......happy?........."...............Sona knew he was hurt but all she could do was try and try till he gets pacified............"Dev I'm sorry.......".............she was again cut through by Dev............"apne boss ko naam se bulaana is not good manners Ms Malhotra..........so please henceforth I would like you to address me as Sir..............and no personal talks please.......".......Sona hung her head down and nodded to his command as he gave her some more work and asked her to complete it before going home..............yes he had decided to tease her by being extra casual with Tina but somewhere her not informing him about taking up this job had hurt him deep inside his heart..........he had felt this possessiveness towards her for the past few days where he wanted to be involved in each and every decision of her life.

*********************************

Tina who had her table facing Dev's cabin had never really seen the blinds of his cabin let down..............she was amused that her boss had chosen to indulge into some private discussion with his new employee as she had hardly seen him socializing with any of his female employees...........she was the only one with whom he would be a little frank as she was his secretary................but otherwise rest of the office including her was not even aware of his personal life............they hadn't even seen how his wife looks like..............Tina was lost in thoughts as Sona came out of the cabin and stood infront of her to grab her attention............."woh Sir ne kahaan hai ki unke cabin mein ek alag se table aur chair lagwani hai mere baithne keliye...........aur poocha hai ki kab tak ho jayega.........."..............strange............her boss who had trusted her all this while had started sending her messages through his new personal helper............."aakhir aaisa kya hai iss ladki mein ki seedha join karne ke ek din ke andar hi boss ke cabin tak pohunch gayi............".............she thought relentlessly as she informed Sona that her work will be done by the next day...............as Sona went back to the cabin Tina was amazed to see the cabin door lock yet again behind her automatically while the blinds refused to go up.........dismissing her thoughts she decided to leave them alone and concentrate on her work, as she was a mere employee at the Dixit's and had got nothing to do with her boss's personal life.