23. CUTE BANTERS.......

TARGET : 115 VOTES

**********************

"yeh Dev bhi naa............jab jaroorat hoti hai sabse jyaada tabhi inka phone nahin lagta...........aur phir mujhe daant padegi ki main ek baar bhi inform nahin kiya..........iss baar to milne hi do.......... I swear agar mujhe daant lagayi na iss baar to main bhi chup nahin rahungi........"...........Sona ranted endlessly as he phone rang flashing Elena's name.........so desperate was she to have a word with Dev, that without giving a look at her phone screen she swiped the phone on........"Dev kya hai yeh?...........kabse phone try kar rahi hoon...........utha nahin sakte the kya?.........".......she shot back aggressively only to be teased by a giggling Elena on the other side.........."poor Dev jeeju yaar Sona...........tu aise daant lagati hai unhe........ I can just imagine...........bichare kaise dare dare rehte honge na tujhse........"..........Sona checked her phone to see who had actually called her........she face-palmed herself as she realized she had mistaken Elena to be Dev.....

"Ele.........tu hai?..........mujhe laga Dev ka call hai............woh actually main use kabse call karne ki koshish kar rahi hoon aur uska phone hi nahin lag raha..........isiliye thoda irritated thi........woh use inform karna tha ki main aaj office nahin aa paungi.........."..........Sona immediately trailed on her words and nervously bit her tongue as she realized what all she had spoken up in her hurry...........she wished that Elena should not have heard her attentively, but to her dismay she did............."ek second...........what do you mean ki tu Dev ko inform karna chahti hai ki tu office nahin aa rahi hai?............tu Dev ke office mein kaam karti hai kya?...........aur Dev office chala gaya?............maine kahan to tha tujhe ki rok ke rakna use mere aane tak............tune phir bhi use office jaane diya?........"...........she complained like a school going kid, which irked an already tensed Sona even more.............but guess she had no option then treating this matter calmly............."Elena, calm down...........pehle tu ghar aa jaa, phir main tujhe sab samjha dungi..........aur haan please yeh baat ghar pe kisi se mat kehna.......yahaan koi nahin jaanta ki main Dev ke office mein job karti hoon...........chal ab jaldi se bata ki tu kab aa rahi hai?......."...........Sona tried to divert the convo and emphasize more on getting Elena home........"wahi batane keliye to call kiya tha........... I mean come n pick me up yaar...........main yahaan station pe aadhe ghante se wait kar rahi hoon...........taxi bhi nahin mil rahi mujhe........kaisa shehar hai tera????"............she wailed like a kid............"jyaada overacting mat kar..........tu aisa kar wahi pe ruk ok .............main aati hoon tujhe lene".........Sona consoled her putting an end to her wailing...........she picked up her scooty keys and helmet and made one last unsuccessful attempt to call Dev, when his phone still came as unavailable, she huffed in dismay and left to pick Elena......

**************************

Dev had just finished his meeting with the Korean Delegates.............seeing them off as soon as possible, he hopped back into his cabin with the only hope of seeing Sona there all waiting for him.............his bright face immediately drooped down into a sad one, when he realized Sona had not yet reached office..............letting out a tired sigh, he called Tina inside his cabin to get a few papers prepared for his next deal...........the moment she entered the cabin, Dev felt an urge to question her if she knew anything about Sona's whereabouts.............but he feared seeming to be extremely eager............it was his decision to hide his actual relationship status from his employees, thus it wouldn't make sense if he did something impatient..............he calmly dictated the notes to Tina, who attentively jotted them down...........as he finished his dictation, Tina got up to leave for her desk..........suddenly stopping in her tracks she spoke................"Sir, aapko Ms Malhotra ka voice message mila kya?...........woh actually aaj woh office nahin aa rahi hai...........unki koi relative aane waali hai, so she has asked for a day off.......... I'm sorry main aapko pehle inform karna bhool gayi............unhone actually aapko hi call kiya tha, but aapka phone not reachable aa raha tha, so she informed me........"..........Dev quietly nodded his head, careful enough to not display any explicit emotion.............as Tina left the cabin; he quickly locked the door and dug into his phone to hear her voice message......