Prologue

( Olivia Holt - My idea for Melanie )                

The salty sea air blew strongly against the slumping cliff edge, rocking the fragmented shacks backwards and forwards and forcefully weakening them. The damp and deluged mud underneath my feet dragged with every step until my once clean- or almost clean- boots were smothered in a coat of thick dirt.

I hastily pushed my light lavender hair out of my face so that I could see where I was going, just as a larger figure shoved me over so that I slipped into the dirt and coated my petite leather brown dress.

"Get off me!" I complained as I attempted to pull my small meagre body from the ground and back to my feet

"Who are you?" A boy's voice challenged and rolled his body from on top of me 

"My name's Melanie, Maleficent's youngest daughter" I explained as I shook pieces of the damp mud from my hair
"Since when did Maleficent have another kid?!" The boy almost growled, his louder tone was much more noticeable and he had a strong accent- Scottish I think. He had dark brown dishevelled hair which was hidden by a tricorne Captain's pirate hat, even for an eight-year-old; he had a distinct, defined jawline and growing muscles. In his right hand he held a silver hook which was clearly way too big for his hand but he still held it anyway so it must be important to him, he wore a ripped white and brown tee shirt with a dark red pirate coat and multiple leather sashes and a sword belt around his waist which held a silver sword with red ribbon around the handle to tell that it was his.

"Since me" I snarled back "And I'd rather not be associated with that dysfunctional family but, Mal would kill me if I left" I explained
"So... You don't like yer family?" The boy questioned me
"Is it that obvious?" I simpered and rolled my eyes at him "Who are you anyway?"

"The name's Hook, Harry hook! And it seems like you could do with a new crew to hang around with.." He mumbled the last part, almost

"Having someone like you could really do something for us," He told me
"You want me to do what? Join some sort of little club, little gang?" I exclaimed rolling my eyes once more, I'm born to one of the most villainous families here on the isle, it's gonna take more than a pretty face to get me to join this kids gang

"Come on, follow me" He compelled as he took a hold of my hand with his non- hooked hand
"And why would I do that?" I snapped back
"Because you want a new family, new friends, people you can be yourself with. There is a whole group of us Melanie, you can really do something for our gang and we can do something for you. Come on! Reinvent yourself, you have a high reputation around here- being Maleficent's daughter and all." He illuminated with a glowing smirk on his face. 

I thought about it for a moment; my reputation could work well with this new gang and me being Mal's 'Younger' sister means that she never wanted me to be with her group, she always thought I was never as evil as her whilst her and her group were 'Rotten to the core'. That's crap! The worst thing she has ever done to anybody is stealing candy. These guys have cutlasses and they are bloodthirsty pirates, you know what? Maybe I will take their offer.

"Let's go then, Hooky" I smirked at him and he returned the gesture before grabbing my hand once more and leading me to where their 'gang' was placed. 

We walked through the muddy beach then he proceeded to lead me onto the rickety pier and along towards the land. The salty ocean air lingered even inland, it was so much more peaceful in these parts of the isle; yes you could hear the rowdy pirates but in my part of the isle it is more like the constant fighting and stealing that wakes you up at night.

"Uma! I have news" Harry asserted as we entered a disorderly, fractured Chip Shop. He let go of my hand as he slid his cutlass into the sword check barrel and sauntered over to the front bar before proceeding to jump over to the opposite side, this was when a girl with dark skin and blue braided hair walked over and threw him a tray of chips and some sort of slimy fish.

"Who on earth is that?!" She screeched over to me causing me to scowl my eyes at her, my pupils glowed a bright green just like my sisters.
"She is the news I was talking about" He smirked- clearly he was very proud of himself
"The youngest daughter of Maleficent!" He announced and people from around the room hissed at me, I rolled my eyes at them as I flicked my long lavender hair away from my face and strut to the front bar where the two other kids were,

"What were you thinking bringing her here?!" The girl screeched once more to Harry
"She's an asset, Uma! She hates her family, we would have one up on Mal- Look at her, she's clearly the stronger one out of the two" Harry notified Uma

"Is this true?" Uma turned to me, I let my green pupils die down and sat on the stool
"I am willing to join as long as you can promise me one thing" I smirked and rest my head on my hand
"I'm listening" She humoured
"We wipe the smirks of my sister's group," I told her
"You're in" She announced which made everyone cheer

That was the beginning of something new, something good was finally coming my way. I didn't have to hide under the shadow of my sister and just to top it off, Uma's pirate gang and Mal's gang are sworn, enemies. Finally! Some fun around here!

-----------------------------------------------------------