Chapter Fourteen - Mom?!

The sun beginning to set on the isle had never easily scared me, I'm a lot stronger than I used to be and I could beat almost anyone in a sword fight. I've never really had to fight many people, that advantage for being the daughter of Maleficent- especially as I'm the 'rogue' one out of the two, as people call it.

After sliding onto the next rooftop, I decided it might not be the greatest decision to continue to climb across buildings in the dark as I could easily harm myself by miss jumping or slipping off an edge, Swiftly, jumping onto an overhanging balcony and sitting at the end where I can swing onto a broken steel girder from the outbuilding opposite. But, as I gripped onto the icy metal, the bricks underneath it cracked and spilt to the floor meaning for me and the girder- we plunged onto the fractured pavement with a crash.

I could almost feel my back cracking as I hit the floor, my head hurt, my back hurt, it seems like everything was flooded with an overwhelming pain. Slowly, I could feel my senses begin to work once more after the brute shock of the fall, the scrapes down my arms felt like a small fire was roaming along my skin. I rolled a large scrap of debris from overhanging my leg and some small bricks from around my head so that I could gradually pull myself up, the shock that paced up my spine when I jolted my body forwards, was as intense as the fall itself but after the initial pain, all I could feel is my body throbbing, scrapes burning and joints aching- but it was bearable. I mean I am from the isle after all.

All I wanted was to make my way back to the Jolly Roger but someone had blocked my way,

"Move!" I cried out to them as I reached down for my Cutlass

"Oh, naughty naughty Melanie. I thought you were the evil one of the family" The cold, harsh voice of my mother cackled and leashed forwards. I jumped backward, using way too much of my strength and ended up stumbling over on my own limp feet.

"Not so powerful now, sweetheart" My mom seethed with an icy cackle before suddenly, an intense, luminous, lighting bolt struck the isle. What in Hades name is that?!

An invisible force surrounded the isle of the lost whilst a strong quake shook the ground underneath us, causing bricks to fall, sheets of congregated metal to clang to the ground, cracking the already fragmented concrete around it. Mom let out a final, almighty cackle as she raised her sceptre and around her, cast a deep, green mist

"You're coming with me!" She screeched over at me as she forcefully grabbed my forearm and lifting us up, the green mist now eloping over me too.

The barrier had been broken, villains of the isle were now free! I could be back at the docks, setting up the masts and ready to cast main sail with my best friend Uma and my loving boyfriend Harry Hook... But instead my own mom was kidnapping me to presumably use as a hostage for Mal to give her fairy godmother's magic wand and rule over the kingdom of Auradon.

I had no clue where I was, I couldn't see anything and it feels as if I was lost in the abyss, nothing around me, nobody around me. But the pain was still there, the only thing that reminded me that I wasn't dead was the sharp cackle of my mother and the tight grip she had on my forearm.

Suddenly, we landed, I could see white marble walls and huge banners, with the Auradon coat of arms and colours navy and yellow. Around us were tonnes of people, dressed in bright, shimmering ball gowns and crisp black suits.

Mom threw her hands up in the air as we hit the ground and threw me out forwards towards the group of four Villain Kids- Mal, Evie, Carlos and Jay, Plus another.

"I'M BAAACK!" She screeched towards a smallish lady, with dark chestnut hair, worn up and wearing a light blue laced gown.

"Go away, mother" Mal snapped at her, shaking her head gently, the green mist was still surrounding me so that nobody in the room noticed my fractured body yet.

"She's funny, aha, She is very funny!" Mom snorted as if Mal was joking, Mal held the pure white and gold wand firmly in the air above her own head so clearly, Mom assumed it was for her

"Here, wand me! Chop chop" Mom snapped with her arm out, ready to catch the wand. Mal pointed it towards Mother as if she was to throw it to her but instead, she turned to her left and threw it directly at the small brunette woman, the look of rage on our mother's face was unreadable- until they started to cast a spell, of which my mother interrupted

"Boo!" She exclaimed and the dark sea of green which had been surrounding me, advanced around the entire room and froze everybody. Now that the mist had left me, I suddenly collapsed onto the royal blue carpet, the side of my head smashing towards the ground with a large thud.

"Melanie!!" The four kids shouted and Evie rushed over to my side whilst Mal was trying to get the wand from our mother.

"It wasn't mom" I almost silently groaned to Evie who now had tears running down her cheeks, I tried to block everything out from around us and focused on myself.

When we were little, around six, just old enough for us to be able to read without guided help, I used to sneak into the centre room of our castle and to the fridge- or 'safe' as mom would call it and grab her magic spell book. Every single night until I had managed to memorise almost every spell that I thought would ever be useful to me if I was ever able to get to Auradon.

Come on, memory please don't fail me now- healing spell, please let there be a healing spell.

I was suddenly interrupted from my thoughts when somebody rushed over to my side

"Mel! Mel, please don't be dead" I faintly heard someone cry and I could feel a light pressure on my arm

"Healing thought, sent in flight, bring the brightest blessings this night" I murmured through weak, tiring lips and gradually lifted a shaking hand, waving it left, right, up then straight down towards my body. Instantly an emerald green spark shot out of my index finger and relief flooded my entire body

"Mel?" A slightly louder voice called this time, the constant white noise in my ear started to clear and I could finally fully open my fatigued, pain withered shut eyes

"Mal?" I croaked as I turned to look at them, my sister was wearing a long, elegant lilac gown with her dark purple hair up in a messy bun.

I managed to slide onto my elbows so that my head was no longer concreted to the floor and with a slight burst of energy, I placed my palms on the floor and pushed myself up- with Mal to steady me of course

"W-whos this?" Fairy godmother shrieked slightly- in fright, she had her wand pointed directly at my chest. I narrowed my eyes towards her as I let out a low grumble and place one hand on my cutlass, Mal quickly noticed how I was not wise about Auradon life and placed her hands on both mine and Fairy Godmother's arms.

"This, this is my little sister- Melanie" She announced as she turned to me with a bright grin on her face, I turned my nose up at her innocent looking glamour and gave her a light shove so she was no longer hold of me

"I don't need you..." I exclaimed, "You left me!"

--------------------------

Thank you guys so much for over 500 views! I am really liking writing this story so expect more to come, I'll update next when it gets to 30 votes, I'm sure you guys can do that x 
lysm
-Anon