Chapter Six - Making up?

For some, it grows and retreats like the tide; whilst for others it advances like a storm, leaving only destruction. It could warm your heart like a loving embrace, or it could burn you with its salty bitterness.

You never even know what brings those feelings to light, that realization that you are actually in love and that you found the piece that fits perfectly into your puzzle.

For some people, it might be when they lie next to someone and brush the hair falling on their lover's face, they come to the realization that they are in that moment, enamored with them.

Well for me, it's the moment when you realize that one of the most fearless, careless, blood thirsty pirates on the isle of the lost. Actually, show pure affection for someone, and that affection might just be towards me.

Ever since my older sister came home from spending a day with her friends around the isle and begun ranting about a young, male pirate that threatened her authority, along with a teal haired girl; both of which lived by the docks- one in a fish and chip shop, whilst the other lived on a large ship, bobbing up and down with the changing patterns of the tide.

I always knew, that since that day, I wanted to meet these two powerful role models. It's not easy to find someone with the same hatred and lack of respect for my sister- other than myself of course.

But Harry was different to the other boys, his actions to any other passer-by seemed to lack certain actions of amorosity but in reality? He was one of the most flirty boys I know, at the beginning he seemed much more like a player, flirting with almost everything that could walk, but as time went by, we sort of grew to each other.

He always looked out for me, not that I needed it- I'm strong enough by myself- but just like a gentleman, he was there beside me. That's when I had begun falling for him.

After multiple days, stalking around the isle and trying to stay as clear from Ursula's Fish and Chip shop as possible, Harry decided he had enough of his two best friends ignoring each other. So he took it upon himself to try and lure me into the shop to face Uma
"Harry no!" I whined as he held a tight grip onto favorite skull ring- which I never went without, it also had a handy use of imprinting a skull shaped, deep purple and brown bruise whenever I punched somebody.

"Give it back" I groaned as I tried to jump up and grab it but Harry was still taller than me and easily raised it a few inches higher.

"Not until you promise to come to the fish and chip shop!" He exclaimed and I turned my nose up at him, folding my arms instinctively

"No way" I stated simply, and tried jumping off the bed to grab the ring but still failing- and almost falling onto the hard, wooden floor in the process.

"You're gonna hurt yourself, princess" He chuckled and used his spare hand to steady me from falling off his bed

"Then just give me the ring!" I nagged and tried once more to reach out for it but he just moved it again, finally giving up on me being able to just jump up and grab it- I decided to give in to what Harry insisted. I mean technically I am still part of Uma's crew so I have to face her sometime.
"Okay" I mumbled as I gently climbed down from Harry's bed, trying to to make a loud thump on the floor

"Wait- what was that?" He asked me, smirking as if he had won
"I'll come to see Uma, just give me my ring now and let me finish getting ready!" I exclaimed and jumped up for my ring, of which this time, he let me easily grab it off him.

I wore a long sleeved, off the shoulder, thin white blouse with a dark brown, leather, buckled belt around my waist so that the blouse didn't look too baggy and hang off me. I also wore a pair of dark purple and emerald green leggings which match the purple of my pirate coat.

"You ready?" Harry asked me after I had finished braiding my now sea blue and purple hair
"As I'll ever be" I mumbled and cleared away everything which I had previously gotten out to get ready, I spent a silent moment, preparing myself. Uma's mood can sometimes change so drastically, I have no idea how she is going to react, on one hand- She is one of my closest friends on the isle and I sincerely miss being around her but on the other hand, she clearly still sees me as Mal's younger sister and I don't want to be labelled as that, I use my family's name for power, not for weakness.

I swiftly slid my cutlass into the slot on my belt and turned around to face Harry, who was leaning against the door with his arms crossed and still a slight smirk on his face for winning the argument.

"Come on, Hooky" I laughed as I rolled my eyes at him whilst he just opened the door, still leaning against it
"After you, Princess" He smiled and placed his palm against my lower back, escorting me out of his room and down the corridor.