Chapter Thirty-Three - Hook?

"Why don't you fight me? Princess,"

The one person that I least expected to bump into was standing directly behind me, I couldn't hold back the thoughts that began to race through my mind.

Is he here on Uma's orders?
Is he mad?
Does he want me back?
Does he miss me as much as I miss him?

"You know I could beat you any day, Hook" I spoke, voice clear and calm as I attempted to hide the rushed questions truly going through my brain, turning to address him.
"Get out of here Hook" Jacob snarled whilst he strode towards the boy he so dastardly hates, fists clenched and eyes beaming forwards fearlessly and brimming with animosity.

Harry irritably huffed, with a swift roll of the eye and deadpan at Jacob he took a stride forwards, meeting him "You'd better stay away from my girl, Sparrow" He growled, eyes flickering from Jacob's rage-filled features to mine as if contemplating his next move.
"You don't control what I do Harry if I recall, you attacked me."
"You left"
"Not freely!" I furiously retorted, siding my cutlass from my belt and raising it. We can't even speak to each other without fighting, how are we ever going to get through this?

But before I could intervene, Jacob had thrown a heavy punch at Harry, a resounding 'thwack' smacking into his nose, causing him to stagger backwards marginally. I froze in my spot as Harry responded with an equally powerful punch to Jacob's face. Continuous blows were strung back and forth before I pushed my exceedingly smaller body in between them.
"STOP!"
Both pirates immediately relaxed their grasps in order to not harm me instead of the other. Crimson blood trickled from each of their noses whilst light, still forming welts and bruises littered their skin. "Oh my gosh" I breathed as I noticed the deep gashes that had been caused by their cutlasses. "Jacob, go back to Quinn and get her to patch you up. I suppose I'll deal with Harry"

I silently held onto Harry's arm, gently sliding it over my shoulders to hold him upright whilst his other arm clutched his chest where Jacob had grazed it with his deadly, silver blade. Luckily we were mere moments from the main docks and Uma was still working a shift at her mothers shop so I was able to help Harry straight to his father's ship.
The climb down to his quarters were exceedingly difficult with me not wanting him to fall back down the short ladder to make any of his injuries worse. It is just as I remember, as I push open the heavy, wooden door, the familiar scent of my first love hit me. A small, faded lightbulb hung, gently rocking backwards and forwards, propelling waves of soft, warm light around the dark room. The bed was not pushed up in a corner but more central with a scuffed, fractured mahogany headboard whilst blankets and pillows were strewn, littered atop the bed and across the dirty floorboards.

"What are ye' doing, Mel?" Harry groaned as I leant his body down onto his bed and began to removed his shirt in order to tend to his injury- not for any other reason. Maybe.
"I'm not going to leave you to bleed" I quietly muttered, sliding the tattered cloth from his broad, muscular shoulders that I've always loved. I slowly arose from my position, ambling over to where the medical supplies were kept in the top drawer of his bedside desk.

"I hurt ye', ye' should leave. Go back to Sparrow, he clearly treats ye' better than I have." He spoke, somberly. I let out a soft, sympathetic sigh as I walked back over to the pirate with a bandage and some alcohol from atop the draw to clean the wound.
"All we have is stale beer" I mumbled, dabbing it onto a wet cloth so it doesn't dampen the bed, before gently applying it to the wound, cleaning and disinfecting it. I winced as he let out a meagre, concealed gasp- not taking pleasure in seeing him in pain. "Sorry"
"Ye' should go home, Melanie" He repeated as if I didn't hear him the first time. I rolled my eyes slightly; still persistent as ever, I then removed the cloth, placing it next to Harry on the bed and began to wrap the bandage across his chest.
"And where is home? The only place I've ever felt safe is here, with you. Where is home without you, Har?" I spoke quietly and softly, allowing my walls to begin tumbling down, falling into a pile of fractured rubble at my feet.

"Why did you leave?"
"I didn't want to, my mother took me against my will. I was on my way home, ready to watch the coronation with you when I grabbed onto a girder to cross the roof but it broke under my weight, I plummeted to the ground when my mother cornered me. She wanted to use me as leverage" I apprehensively sat my body on the firm mattress, next to the pained boy that I so dastardly miss.
"Why didn't you come home?" He questioned once more, causing me to release a distressed sigh as I remembered everything that happened.
"My sister, she promised if I stayed a week then she'd take me home. I never lasted a week. I don't belong in Auradon, Har. I missed the isle, I missed Uma, I missed you so much"

I felt Harry's thumb gently brush against my jaw, tilting my heartbroken demeanour to face him. I could see the matching pain in his glossy, bright orbs- the same ones I've missed gazing into since I was taken. I can see the same pain that I have been feeling, reciprocated in his eyes. I watched as a layer of saliva coated his dry, broken lips in nervousness, and before I could even realise what was happening, my minute palm grasped onto his and he began to lean in. His lips brush mine. Not innocently, like a tease, or anxiously but hot, fiery, passionate and demanding. Like I was his air, his only release, and he's been asphyxiating without my love just as I have.

I didn't hesitate, running my fingers across his chest- avoiding the injury- sliding them around his neck, pulling him closer until there was no space between them and I could feel the racing beat of his heart against my chest.

__________________________

I am currently freaking out! 100k views are unbelievable! Thank you guys so so much <3 I am super excited for the next few chapters that I am currently writing and I can't wait to begin the plot for descendants 2! Keep voting and showing your love because you're the most amazing readers a writer could ask for.
-Anon xx