Chapter Nineteen - Conflict.

News quickly spread around the castle that Mal's little sister was stuck in Auradon and will soon become a student at Auradon Prep, many royal students clambered up the left staircase just to get a second glance at me, soon to spread many more tales about the mystery of the new villain kid.

First few students to the scene consisted of some of my sister's closest royal friends including Mulan's daughter Lonnie, Fairy Godmother's daughter Jane and Sleeping Beauty's daughter Audrey- our family's arch nemesis!

"Hi! I'm Lonnie!" She smiled overly sweetly as she walked further into the bedroom, not at all afraid to hold her hound out towards me.
"Might wanna move that back if you want to keep it" I snarled over to her, the idea of being a villain kid may not scare these princesses since the Vk's butchered our name, but I'm eager to let them know that I am not to be messed with.

"Melanie!" My sister scolded as she placed a comforting hand on Lonnie's shoulder. The three princesses then cowered back slightly, trying to assert their dominance in the safest way possible- they can't think they are the Alpha's here? Seriously?

Glancing back around the room, I stood up from my bed and slowly ambled over to the window seat which was by far, my favorite place in the castle seeing as my sister hasn't allowed me out of the bedroom yet.
"You two are definitely sisters" Audrey chuckled as she placed one of her overly manicured hand on her hip "You look almost identical!"

This received a sound of agreement from the other two whilst I returned a sharp scowl
"I am nothing like her!" My voice bellowed from the corner which caused the group to jump, I was nothing like the blood traitor that she was and unlike her, I cannot bear to stick around in a place of which I am a stranger.

I watched as Mal ran her fingers through her deep purple hair and shot me a look of anger; eyes narrowed, rigid, cold and hard, her face was no longer reddening with embarrassment about me being her sister or in frustration but was now ghostly pale as if I had truly pushed her over the edge.

"Can't you just be nice for once?!" She snapped at me, gesturing directly at me and taking a step closer. I felt the edges of my lips twitch upwards watching my sister slowly turn into her old self- cold and full of hatred. Of course, she will never be as bad as me but I can at least try to convert her back.

I planted a smirk across my face and I stood up from my seat and took two strides towards the rage-filled girl; currently staring daggers at me,
"What are you gonna do about it? Send me to my room? Ground me? Just admit it, you ain't ever gonna be the boss of me" My eyes flashed into a glowing emerald green, staring straight into my sister's identical pupils as she tried to challenge my authority, or as she would put it- I tried to challenge her.

This is how our family argues, combined with shouting at each other, the first one to break eye contact looses- simple.

Mal reached out her left arm towards me as we continued to glare at each other, grabbing tightly onto my wrist and sharply pushing my body backward in an attempt to force my eyes away from hers. But it failed and I continued to glare harder towards her, the emerald color of my eyes deepening until they were almost unclear but as a last resort, my sister took a step towards me and clouded my thoughts, making me lose balance and fall back onto one of the beds.

"You dirty cheat..." I began, narrowing my eyes towards her "I like it" A smile rose across my face, delight present in my now icy blue eyes. It was clear that Mal knew she would never win against me, I was the stronger out of the two of us.

Mal and I exchanged glares once more before Evie pushed herself between us so that we could no longer see each other
"Will you two stop fighting! You're sisters for goodness sake! Mal you should be helping Melanie fit in, not fighting with her!" Evie exclaimed, pushing her hands from the place that they were situated- just above her hips, stretching them out to the side and blocking my entire path towards my sister.

"Erm, I think Mom wanted to see you guys, to sort everything out" Jane squeaked from her place at the back of the room, Finally! A chance to leave this godforsaken bedroom and actually scout out some of the grounds, something other to do than staring out of the crystal clear glass window and out to my abandoned home that I dearly wanted to return to.

They say that missing someone gets easier every day because even though you are one day further from the last time you saw them, you are one day closer to the next time you will but only time will tell when I will see my boy again. Slow chimes from the clock tower ring out each hour, every distinctive chime bringing an ache of loneliness to my heart. I miss him so much...

I miss his messy dark brown hair falling across his forehead whenever it had been covered by his favorite pirate hat, his piercing light eyes contrasting with his charcoal eyeliner. I

I miss the way he looks at me as if I was the only girl in the world that truly mattered to him, getting caught up in his daydream whenever I notice his glance and show him a soft smile, the way he thinks time is slowing whenever we are together, that it is only him and I that existed and nothing could ever get in our way... But of course that was never true and just like that, we have been split apart and thrown into two completely different worlds; the good and the bad.

Will he even want me still when I arrive home? Or will he think that I have betrayed him and partnered with my sister?

———————————————
Omg guys thank you so much for the amount of love that's been shown in this book x it's really appreciated 💜 I have a few ideas of what is going to happen with Mel in the future but I'd love to hear some input from what you guys would like? Feel free to pm me. It would really help.
-Anon x