Chapter Twelve - (Almost) Harmless Flirting

The sun was barely past noon as I begun to return back to the chip shop, I had a pretty hectic schedule today, having already beaten and tortured two wrongdoers and stealing at least $150 from the local market.

"Nice job, Elle" Uma praised as I handed her my trinkets from today's errands.
"Well nobody can beat your favourite isle thug" I sang, jokily and swung from one of the spare ropes hanging down from the boat and landed easily on the edge of the boat.
"Except, said thug's boyfriend" Harry exclaimed, making his presence known and sauntering onto the ship

I turned around to face him, his messy brown hair had managed to escape from his tricorne pirate hat and loose strands, emerged across his forehead, where small beads of sweat had also begun to form from the vigorous training session he had just exhausted.

"I'd like to see you try, babe" I smirked, confidently and jumped down from the ledge that I had been previously situated on.
He took multiple strides towards me, hand on his sword, located in the sheath around his waist.
The wide grin Harry had plastered on his face only grew as I copied his actions, applying a tight grip on the hilt of my cutlass and lifting it slightly from its sheath.

Harry took this as a chance to raise his own and swing it towards the air in front of me, which was swiftly met with my own shining blade.

Metal clashing, crew members cheering, two hot bodies panting as each of them tried to remain one step ahead of the other.
"Give it up, hooky" I teased, swinging my sword lower, aiming towards his legs to reduce the chance of him blocking it with his own cutlass but of course, he pulled his down and met my own. He then began to push against my cutlass and raise his arm, trying to force the metal from my hand.

I was determined to keep ahold of my cutlass, but harry gave a strong push against the blade causing the hilt to slip out of my grasp, I glanced down at the floor where my sword now lay- I'm unable to pick it up in the middle of a fight, he would use that to his advantage and knock me down. I let him think like he had won, his signature smirk arose on his face and he took a step towards me but instead of allowing the fight to end there, I jumped forwards slightly and kicked the sword from his grasp so that it now lay on the ground beside my own.

"You really think I'd let you win that easily?" I smirked back at him, rushing to meet his arm with my own so that he could get ahold of me. We both pushed against the other but whilst he was busy fighting for dominance of the fight, I swung the back of my foot around and smacked it into the back of his knee causing his leg to give out in front of him and he fell to the ground at my feet.

"So? Is said thug's boyfriend stronger now?" I announced, towering over his body. Uma let out a loud chuckle from behind us, letting the rest of the crew know that it is simply a lighthearted game which began the crowd to cheer. I was about to back away and bow when I felt my feet get taken out from underneath me and I fell to the ground- but not before a certain sweaty pirate pulled my on top of him
"Looks like we are both down now, princess" Harry murmured, in a husky tone, still panting from the heat of our fight
"I still won, Hooky" I whispered back, burying my sweaty face into the crook of his neck and his arms flew around my waist as he brought us both to our feet.

"Go on you two, you've had your fun, go get cleaned up" Uma laughed, giving my shoulder a light shoved trying to explain that she doesn't want a prominent show of affection in front of the rest of the crew.
I giggled against Harry's hot skin before tearing myself away from my boyfriend to pick up my cutlass and make our way back to the Jolly Roger.

After exchanging turns for a much needed shower, I ended up sitting atop of Harry's bed, glancing down at the amulet he had gifted me as a token of our relationship. For once, everything in my life seemed to be going in the right direction, maybe what Harry said, that night on the rooftop where we confessed to each other; maybe even villains deserve as close to a fairytale ending as they can.
Of course, living on an isle such as ours, you can't live out your dream life with no barriers nor any obstacles to overcome.

But for once, everything seems to be coming up Melanie. Let's just hope that Mal gets that wand and everything happens smoothly, Uma, Harry and I ruling over Auradon together- not even Mal could stop us!