Chapter Twenty-Four - Pirates?

My gaze flickered, glancing upwards at my sister cowering fearfully under my acute, burnished cutlass, large eyes wide and glassy as she gawked down, before looking back up towards me and mentally pleaded as she took a shaky gulp.

"I told you not to push me." I spoke, carefully and calmly because one slip up from me could cause my entire demise. I have the old captain of the tourney team and son of the beast to my left as I threaten his girlfriend's life.
"M-Melanie- What? What happened to you? I tried to protect you, I really did. I-I always hoped that you would never turn out like the toxin our mother is... Guess I couldn't help it. I'm so sorry Melanie" She muttered, voice quivering and oscillating like a wave on the ocean, the energy fading as it collides with the rocky shore.

I have to get out before this situation turns on me, too much longer and someone will detain me but if I don't make the right move, turn the right way or use the right opportunity; I will get caught and once again- detained.

"I was, and never will be like our mother. I care Mal! I had a life! A family- A real family and you took that all away to bring me here! For your own sake! And you've barely wanted to spend time with me. I'm not a toy that you can just string along and throw away whenever you are finished. I'm done. Don't ever come find me or try contact me again. You're dead to me..." I spat, retracting my cutlass and forcefully pushing it back into the sheath before stepping back and allowing Ben to comfort his quivering girlfriend before turning my back to the noxious couple and pacing out of the bedroom door.

"ARREST THAT GIRL!" King Ben's large voice roared from inside the bedroom, notifying guards causing them to begin running down the hallway to apprehend me- there's no way that I am going to let that happen. So I took off in a sprint down the hallway, sliding gracefully down the stair banister and rushing straight out of the towering door of the school entrance.

At this point I think that I had evaded the guards and was now a convict of the royal court- so I just have to find a way off this island right? Well- sound's easier than it is.
As I reached a dusty island edge (thankfully the school is so close to the coast) I paused and let my delicate body drop to the floor in despair as everything began to fall into place for me, my mind analysing the situation I have found myself in.

I'm alone.

Brick by brick, I could feel my mental wall come tumbling down and a single tear escaped from my forest green eyes, dampening my cheeks and trickling towards my chin. Why am I crying? I've always been alone- but this time. I don't know, it feels different. I have no Harry or Uma, my mother is currently a lizard in a cage and I just tried to kill my only sister, all whilst being stranded in a foreign place with no way home. I could feel despair envelope my body.

Until, finally, I saw a ray of hope.
"MELANIE?!" A voice called my name, and thinking that it was someone searching for me, ready to detain, I pulled out my cutlass and rushed, clumsily to my feet. Pulling my sleeve over my free hand and rubbing my eyes to hide my tears.
"Harriet? CJ?" I questioned as my view cleared enough to make out the two daughters of Captain Hook.
"Oh my! It is you! DROP THE SAILS! LOWER THE LADDER! MAKE READY TO PORT!" Harriet screamed to her crew as her ship was pulled to the dock that I had situated myself at.

I watched as the Captain and the First Mate departed the vessel, striding across the wooden bridge that was laid out to reach the dock. CJ, being just a child when her and her elder sister first took off with their own ship, searching for a better life. She now looked much more mature. Gorgeous, interminable hair cascaded from a dishevelled, high ponytail which held countless miniscule braids that was all held together by a rugged, black bandana.
She wore a long rouge pirate coat, embellished with golden buttons and cuff trinkets and flaring out along her waist. Underneath was an ordinary white frilled shirt and shorts which almost matched her sisters, who was also wearing a deep red pirate coat but with a matching ruby red captain's tricorne hat, and a white feather like her fathers accompanying it atop.

I swiftly swiped my own pirate hat from my head and held it to my chest, bowing to the captain as a sign of my recognition and gratitude. She let out a light chuckle before rushing towards me and swathing me in an affectionate hug that I thought I would never experience again.
"Oh my! I saw what happened to you at the coronation!" CJ explained as I pulled away from Harriet and CJ pulled me into a second hug.
"My mom- Mal- I was stuck in the castle. They wouldn't let me leave. I-I, I almost killed Mal" I rambled, still in slight unbelief that I was about to kill her.

"It's alright Mel, you're with us now. We're family not her, she had it coming." Harriet comforted me as we began to stroll down the coast, Harriet signalled to her crew to stay posted whilst we went to look for supplies for the journey that they assured me I was accompanying them on. But we had to be quick- one wrong move and we could be labelled as islanders.

"Here, fruit to prevent scurvy. The fresh fruit will sustain us until our next stop, the wind going west is perfect so we'd better hurry. and some rum would be good to fuel the rest of the crew, they're getting unsettled." Harriet began to speak as we entered the market place , oh I love her, she's such a captain. She's come so far since the last time I saw her. We began to swipe some random fruit off the stall whilst the owner wasn't looking, before running across the place to the next stall, and next, until we were ready for departure.

____________________________________

Wow! The amazing daughter's of Hook have returned! Can anyone guess where they are sailing to next??
Shout out to @AncientHailey_Comet for telling me about The Thing's video that we are featured in! That's honestly so amazing guys and I still can't believe it. Couldn't have done it without you all! So here's another chapter for y'all!

Any questions you would like to ask me? Want to get to know me? I wanna get to know you guys! So...

Who's your favourite character in the story? Or in descendants 1+2? I think you can guess mine ;) Harry all the way <3

-Anon xx