I'd never forget your face

Chapter One
Title from Memories That Fade Like Photographs by All Time Low.

"You remember me?" I glanced up at who was standing on the other end of the counter, and sure enough it was the boy I couldn't seem to get out of my head since he came in three days ago.

I felt a smile tug at my lips "Of course, i'd never forget your face" I replied, watching his smile widen as he let his eyes fall to the floor. I felt a blush spread across my cheeks "is there anything I can help you with, sir?"

Please please please ask me out after all of the flirting we did last time you stopped by.

"I need a pack of camels" he said, licking his lips slightly.

I raised my eyebrows "Are you eighteen?" I asked with a smirk.

"If I said yes would you question it?" he laughed, leaning on the counter of the quiet convienent store that was my work place.

I rolled my eyes playfully and turned around to grab a pack, when I did I slid the pack of Cigarettes across the counter "that'll be seven twenty" I whispered as he already had the money ready. I took it and put the change in his hand.

"Thank you" he smiled, letting his eyes fall on me again "What's your name?" he asked, putting the pack in his back pocket. I looked at the way his hair fell around his face perfectly and smiled.

"I'm Jack" I replied, still in complete adoration.

"I'm Danny" he kept that cute smile on his face as he turned to leave "I'll see you at school, cutie" he called back to me, making my stomach nearly erupt as he walked out. I buried my face in my hands and shook my head.

Oh my God. He's flirting with me, and he goes to my school? There's no way I can get myself to stop smiling. I took a deep breath and tried to collect myself. What? What if I can actually get a boyfriend?

***

I walked into the living room, taking note on how quiet it is. That means my parents aren't home. Things have been so different since May and Joe moved out, it's been quieter, and I can't really complain. I shuffled to the kitchen and looked for something to eat, which wasn't very hard. My parents kept the house stocked with food and everything needed, the only thing they left out was themselves.

I have a family with a good amount of money, a big house and everything we want physically. I only really have a job so I don't have so much time alone here, My parents will pay for school and food and the basics. I'm putting the money I make towards my future.

My parents have been around even less since I came out as gay. They didn't react too terribly, but they really care about how others look at them and I think that they just don't want to be looked at badly for having a gay son. When they are home, it is usually just one at a time and they're always exhausted and grumpy. They work overtime by their choice, they are workaholics that even spend their free time at home on the computer working from home.

I wonder if when they met they were just like "Oh, I like to work. You like to work. Lets get married and have kids so we can have nice things, work all the time, and make our kids physically be there to depend on each other instead of us"

I decided to make myself some ramen noodles, which was the only thing I really cared to cook because it only took three minutes after the water boiled.

I got the pan, poured the water in and started to let it boil, not taking my mind off of Danny the whole time. Danny. What a nice name. I could already feel myself blushing again, could this become my first romance? I really hope it turns into something really nice.

I had no idea that he went to school with me, and that opened up a whole list of new opprotunities for me.

I've never been popular at school, and I only really have a few people that I couldn't even really consider friends, but maybe that could change? Even if Danny isn't for me, it would be nice to have him as a friend.

I cooked and ate my ramen noodles with glee, feeling like a girl in a high shcool drama movie that has a crush on Mr.Popular.

I nearly jumped out of my seat when I heard the front door open, but I calmed down when I heard my mothers high heels hitting the floor. "Hey, Mom!"I called, feeling somewhat high just being this excited over a boy that I may or may not even have a chance with.

"Hi, Jack" she called back, I could tell that she was tired even before she rounded the kitchen doorway. She still looked as she did when she left, her work attire was very business woman-y and her lipstick looks as if she just applied it. Of course she does touch up her makeup every few hours even when we go out on rare occasions. "Oh, you got a hair cut" she said with a light smile as she grabbed a glass and filled it with water.

No, I didn't. You just forgot what I look like.

I didn't want to make her feel bad so I just smiled and nodded, finishing my noodles and dumping the remaining juice down the drain. "Ramen isn't very good for you" my mom called as I washed the bowl.

"You bought it" I called back, feeling the need to be teenager-y and roll my eyes. Where had she even gone? Probably in the office room to work again, if she wasn't going to sleep already.

I didn't care, I pranced to my room and closed the door, knowing that I would have to find something to do while I was waiting for tomorrow to come. Will I see him tomorrow?

After hours of attempting math homework and messing with my guitar, I decided that the best way to skip time was to sleep.