Everything for you

Chapter Nine
Title from Damned If I Do Ya (Damned If I Don't) by All Time Low

I sat down, trying to catch my breath. I can feel my heart in my chest, pounding.

I should get back before Danny wakes up, it's a Saturday, so he slept over last night and tonight we're going to the promotion dinner.

I need to get back so I can take a shower before he has to see me looking like a mess. I'm completely drenched in sweat, and all of my bones ached. I stood up, so I could keep going but I had to immediately sit back down when I was overcome with a lightheadedness i've never felt so strong before.

I need to eat something, but I can't, especially because I have to eat tonight.

I waited another minute or two before standing up again, this time a lot slower. I managed to continue running.

By the time I made it back to my house, I felt extremely sick. All I need is a shower and some rest.

I climbed the stairs and walked into my house, seeing both my mom and dad on the couch. "Hey, Jack, where were you?" My dad asked in a friendly tone. I haven't seen them together on the couch in a long time.

"Went for a run" I answered, walking towards them.

"Since when do you run?" My mom asked, raising her eyebrows.

"Since I decided excercise is good for you" I answered with a smirk, walking down the hall and into my room.

Danny was still asleep, laying on his stomach on the middle of my bed. His shirt was off, and he was sprawled out. I grabbed the clothes I planned on wearing today and a towel and then I shut the bathroom door behind me.

I still can't tell that i've lost any weight. I look the same, and I need to look skinnier.

I looked at my face, and my neck and my stomach. It all seemed too big to me.

How come I see myself the way Danny does now? How come I see myself as fat?

I blinked tears out of my eyes. I'm too tired to be crying. I tried to ignore my reflection in the mirror by starting the shower, taking off my clothes and getting in. I was desperate to be clean, I can't stand feeling so much sweat on my body. My usual daily shower has become two showers a day. I take one in the morning after I run, and one in the afternoon after I run.

After my shower, I got dressed with the mirror covered, of course. Then, I walked into my room to find Danny sitting against my headboard, playing on his phone. He put it away and smiled as I came out. "Goodmorning" I said with a smile.

"Morning" he replied sweetly.

"Did you sleep alright?" I asked, walking towards him. He leaned up to kiss me.

"Yeah, I did. What about you?" he asked, leaning back on the headboard.

"I slept good" I said, mostly truthfully. I've been so tired lately. Sometimes its really hard to fall asleep, while other times I can fall asleep like I haven't gotten sleep in days. Last night it was easy to sleep, the extra sit ups and sex really wore me out to the point of feeling like i'd pass out.

"You ready to make things a little less boring for me at this dinner?"

***

The restaurant was fancy, all of the promotion dinners i've been to were in fancy places like this. This place had a buffet though, which was in my favor.

The chit-chatting and congratulations to my Dad already started, but this is just small talk. They get to the group conversations and mini speeches after we eat.