Beg for one last day

Chapter Thirty One
Title from We All Fall Down by All Time Low.

"What am I going to do when you're gone?" Alex asked as I put my bag down on my bed.

"I honestly don't know, Gaskarth" I joked, smiling at him. "You got lucky with only having to be away from me for three days" I added with a wink.
"You know everyone here will miss me like crazy" I mumbled sarcastically as I started to pull my clothes from the dresser and put them on my bed.

"They probably won't know what to do with themselves" Alex chuckled sarcastically.

"I know" I agreed.
"I was starting to think Hunter had a secret crush on me" I said seriously. The seriousness didn't last long before we both started in a fit of laughter.

"You're a wonderful actor, Barakat" he said as soon as we recovered from our laughter.
I giggled and started to pack my bag.
"Aw, you giggled, that's cute" he teased.

I put a hand over my face "shut up" I laughed.

"I love you" he said seriously.

I looked at him "I love you" I replied as I continued to back my bag.

"You have to play cards with us in the Day Room after dinner.. just meet us there when your nurse allows you to" he said hopefully.

Nope. No. Nein.

If I knew a lick of sign language I would be signing the word NO to him.

I shook my head instead.

"It's just me, Vic, Jonny and Josh. I promise they won't do anything bad, they're harmless dudes" he pleaded.

No. He named three people that I don't want to be there.

"Speaking of dinner, it's time for dinner" I said quietly. I saw the look on his face and I never want to see that look again.
He's given up on trying to get me to go.
"I'll be there" I said, instantly seeing him smile as I cursed myself.

Of course, I'll play cards if he looks at me like that.

***

"I could beat your ass at uno" I responded when Jonny asked me what I wanted to play.

I watched as Jonny raised a eyebrow and smiled as he started to place the cards.
Alex was giving them all the 'see, Jacks funny, Jack talks, Jack does things' look

"This should be fun" Jonny said as he finished. I picked up my pile of cards and looked at them all.
Okay.

We played cards multiple times, and I won multiple times as well.
I knew I could, I was the uno master!

"Ah, shit" Jonny mumbled as he realized I was going to win. Vic immediately burst out laughing.

"Uno" I chuckled, looking at Jonny in the eye.
One more time around and the color was switched to the exact color I needed. Blue.

"Ha!" I placed my last card as Jonny sighed.

"He's won like half a million times, this isn't fair!" He over exaggerated as Vic laughed. I've never seen Vic so happy.

"I told you I could kick your ass at uno" I laughed, watching Jonny smile at me.

I smiled at Alex, and he looked at me with obvious admiration.