Wanting more

Chapter Ten
Title from Running From Lions by All Time Low.

"You're looking so good" Danny bragged, smiling as he ran his fingers over my skin "Whatever you're doing, it's working. Keep doing what you're doing" he encouraged, kissing me gently.

I smiled at him, so happy that he felt better about the way I look. I know that I need to lose more though, he knows that too.

Three weeks ago I weighed 167 pounds, and right now i'm at 134.

My collarbones are now protruding, and my ribs are visible, but I still have problem areas. My face is still chubby, and my ribs could be more visible, and I can't see my hip bones well enough.

Sometimes it scares me how quickly I'm losing weight. It's gotten even harder for me to run, and I've had to limit it to four miles a day instead of six. Everytime I run, I'm lightheaded and extremely tired for hours after.

Another thing that is an issue is that i'm always cold. I've never been a naturally cold person, but I know that skinny people tend to get colder easier, so I assume that's the reason behind it.

I've had to break out my large winter sweaters, which are even larger on me now that I've lost weight. My pants are baggy, but they stay up with a belt.

"Do I look better?" I asked self consciously as I rested a hand over my stomach.

"You look amazing, of course you could still lose a little more" he said, instantly making me feel worse about myself.

I bit my lip and looked down in my hands "How much more do you think?" I asked, meeting his eyes.

"I don't know. Ten, maybe?" he said it more like a question.

Okay. I'll lose ten more pounds, and then i'll be done with the losing, i'll just maintain it.

I pulled the blankets up to my chin and tried to feel a little warmer. "Are you cold?" he chuckled.

I nodded quickly, and looked down at my t-shirt under the blanket "could you get a sweater from my drawer?" I asked.

"Any preference?" he asked as he got up.

"No, thanks though. Just grab one" I said as he opened the dresser drawer. He pulled out a sweater that was light blue, I gladly took it from him and quickly pulled it on over my Blink-182 shirt.

"Anyways, I guess I better get out of here. Don't you have to get to work?" he asked, grabbing his bag from beside the door.

"Yeah, In awhile. I'm about to go run for a bit and then i'll get ready for work" I replied, getting up to kiss him and get ready to run.

"I'll see you later, I love you" I said, watching him walk down the hall.

"See ya"

***

Running was is just something I do now, it continues to get harder, and I thought it was supposed to get easier with time. I see the same people everyday through town, most of them always wave or ask me how i'm doing. I haven't skipped a day of running since I started running, and I can't make any exceptions. I'm almost done losing weight, and then i'll just find ways to maintain.

I took short, labored breaths. They continued to get heavier and heavier, until my head felt like it would explode. I always get lightheaded when running, or doing anything that requires too much physical activity. This time it hit me out of nowhere, and I had only a few seconds to think before everything around me seemed to stop and the world went black.

***

"Hello? Are you okay, son?" I opened my eyes and saw an elderly mad standing over me, accompanied by an older woman and a young girl.