Chapter 3

Cheryl’s POV

I’ve been struggling to sleep for hours it’s starting to seem impossible, I keep tossing and turning in my large very empty bed. The sheets are cold on my body and it’s quiet, too quiet. How did this happen? How did I go from being happily married with a loving husband to this, a huge house so quiet and empty I’m lonely and I need someone, I need someone to snuggle up to at night, to talk about my day with I just need some companionship but I’m off men, I’ve been so emotionally damaged by their lies and of course I know all men aren’t like that but I can’t seem to picture myself ever trusting another man like I did my ex again. I shiver and pull the duvet up over my shoulders as Goosebumps dance over my bare skin. I’m shattered; its 2am I need to be up by 5 for a TV appearance but just can’t seem to sleep. Today has been very eventful I have loved every minute of it. Meeting fans is the biggest perk my job has. Sometimes I question why I got myself into this, paparazzi drive me crazy, the media continue printing lies, I have not a smidgen of privacy but my fans are always there for me no matter what. They have stuck by my side through thick and thin and I know I couldn’t do any of this without them.

I keep thinking about this girl I met today she was different to the rest of the people I had met she really stood out and for some reason I can’t get her off my mind. She was so easy to talk to after her initial shyness she treated me like I was a normal person which is rare these days. Her accent was perfection, she was so well spoken and well mannered. I think her name was Kimberley … yes definitely Kimberley. She was so beautiful, she had lovely hair it was long in soft blonde curls and she had the most naturally beautiful face with the perfect figure which I won’t be forgetting anytime soon. She had a little girl with her, her daughter, Paisley. She was almost the double of her. They had the same long blonde hair and the same glisten in their eyes the only difference is in Kimberley’s I see a hint of hiding sadness, I see mystery deep in her ocean coloured orbs I’m intrigued by her there is something about this girl I just can’t put my finger on but for some reason I want to know more. Her daughter is almost 3 which means she must have been around the age of 16 or 17 when she had her, she was a baby herself. I hate myself for it but I can’t help but feel slightly bitter. I was married, I had a husband, a career, my own house I was desperate for a baby but it just never happened, I wouldn’t be surprised if she was just the result of a drunken one night stand. I shouldn’t be thinking like this she was a lovely girl and she seemed to be a great mam, her daughter was dressed well, clean she seemed happy. She was unbelievably cute and very bright for her age, who am I to judge? I’m broken from my thoughts as my dog Buster scratches on my closed bedroom door. The dogs normally sleep in the kitchen but tonight I needed company even if it was from a dog. I ignore it hoping he would soon give up but Coco jumps down from the bed to join in with his early morning annoyance.

“Buster!” I call but still he doesn’t stop. “Howay!” I pat the bed but still they don’t stop. I sigh and throw the sheets off me and swing my legs out of the bed immediately being met with the bitter cold air. I open the door for them and they run back down the stairs, I follow behind them in nothing more than my short silky nightgown that I’m sure Ashley once bought me, why I still have it I have no idea. I flick on the kitchen light and funnily enough they are both back in their usual bed, great even my dogs don’t want to be in my company. I open the fridge and pull out the milk pouring myself a cold glass of it just like I do every other night I can’t sleep. I Sit at the marble island in the middle of the kitchen and drink it until its gone just staring out of the window into the pitch black world, I don’t know what I’m looking at its not like I can see anything through the darkness. After a while I decide enough is enough and retract back upstairs into my bed before grabbing my phone from the bedside table. I open up twitter and smile as I look through my latest tweets, everyone’s tweeting me their pictures of us from today that’s when I remember! ChezzasLezza! I said I would follow her. I type her name into the search bar and find her name, she already has the picture of both of us nd her daughter grinning from ear to ear as her display picture, it’s adorably cute. I tap the follow button before scrolling through some of her tweets. I read one and started chuckling to myself as I picture it in my head.