Chapter 18

I woke up a while ago and I’m still yet to get out of bed. I’m just laying here watching my daughter and Cheryl sleep. It’s the most adorable thing I have ever witnessed; it really does warm my heart.  The sun peering through the curtains illuminates Cheryl’s face. I can see each one of her dark eyelashes lying against her skin and her lips have formed a cute little pout. She has Paisley in her arms and to my surprise she’s still sound asleep. I run my hand over Paisley’s face and I cant contain my smile, this is what I’ve always dreamed of having, I’ve always imagined something like this but I never thought it would happen. I always asked myself how some like me could possibly have this, a family. Now I have it I never want to lose it, the thought alone terrifies me. Paisley stirs under my touch and it’s not long before her eyes open and a smile immediately appears on her face.

Paisley’s smile, it’s something I could never get sick of because every time I see it I feel all warm inside. She’s my baby girl and now she’s getting so grown up it isn’t long until her birthday or until she starts nursery. I wish I could freeze time.

“Morning princess” I smile and she brings her fist to her eye and rubs away the sleep.

“Tired mummy” She says turning her head away from the beaming sun.

“Are you going back to sleep?”

She shakes her head and lays her hand on Cheryl’s face. “Cheryl’s sleeping” She says with a pout.

“Not anymore” Cheryl says groggily as she stretches out her arms.

“Sorry” I whisper. “She always wakes you?”

“And it’s totally fine” She beams and she pulls Paisley to lay on top of her. “Come here” She holds out her arm and I roll into her embrace laying my head on her chest next to Paisley.

“So do you have work today?” I ask genuinely interested.

“Nope, I have a surprise for you both”

“You do?”

“Aye, I have two really but don’t ask what they are because I’m not telling”

“Not even a hint?” I pout looking up at her and she shakes her head.

“Not even the smallest of hints”

“I won’t ask then, How will I know what to wear?”

“Well I’ll get Paisley ready and you can just wear something casual” She smiles.

“Great!”

“Is that ok with you?”

“Of course it is”

“This not mummies bed” Paisley says randomly with a frown and Cheryl looks at me. I sit up slightly at look back at Cheryl. The time has come.

 “Paisley?”

“Mhm?”

“Do you like Cheryl?” I ask casually and she nods her head. Cheryl sits up and sits Paisley back in the middle of us. “Mummy likes Cheryl too” I need to tel er about us but I struggle to find words, I have never had to do anything like this in my life, how do you tell your 2 year old that we are letting someone enter our lifes, I doubt she will really understand she’s still just a toddler but I do want to tell her instead of her just assuming.

“and I like mummy” Cheryl adds.

“Cheryl and mummy really like each other”

“I think she’s got that part” Cheryl laughs.

“Cheryl is part of our family now and she makes me really happy” Cheryl’s looking at me grinning from ear to ear. “Is it ok if Cheryl joins our family?” I ask Paisley who seems to have switched off from the conversation she’s more interested in the frills on the bottom on her pyjama top.