Chapter 24

The few days Cheryl was away seemed to fly over, thank god. Three days without her is more than enough even though I enjoyed staying back at my family home I'm ecstatic to finally be 'home'. Every time I come back to this house after staying at my parents' it always feels 100x bigger. Paisley is sat at the kitchen table with a crayon in her fist 'drawing' Cheryl a picture, she's bringing her dogs home and Paisley hasn't really stopped talking about it.

"Wow, this is brilliant" I smile proudly at Paisley as she now scribbles pink lines on the paper. "Cheryl will love it"

"Cheryl" She points at the one part of her drawing on the paper and then moves her finger across the page "Mummy!"

"It looks just like me!" if I was a knot of blue scribbles.

We sit here for about 10minutes chatting and colouring until we hear a key being inserted into the door. Paisley almost breaks her neck getting down from the chair and sprinting through to the front door. From the kitchen I can already hear Cheryl's accent and I can hear Paisley speaking with excitement clear in her voice. I quickly leave the kitchen and there she is with Paisley already around her neck. She has a baseball cap on her head with her ponytail sticking though with a black tracksuit, when she raises her head to look at me I realise just how much I missed her smile these short few days I've went without it. "I've missed you both!" She beams and she carries Paisley over to me and pulls me into a one armed three way hug. It sounds weird but I've missed her smell, I've missed hugging her and now I don't want to let go of her. I keep forgetting she was only gone for three days, it seemed like much longer.

"I'm so happy you're home" I kiss her cheek and she returns one on my lips. "Have you had a good time?"

"I have, I've taken pictures of me nephew's party to show you" She says standing Paisley on the ground. "And how are you cheeky monkey?" She crouches down to her on the floor and tickles her chubby belly leaving her in fits of laughter. "Did you miss me?" She asks and Paisley nods her head making her blonde messy hair flop onto her face. "How much did you miss me?"

"This much" Paisley holds out her arms and Cheryl gasps.

"Wow! You did miss me!"

"And don't I know it" I butt in rolling my eyes. "If I had a pound for every 'Wheres Cheryl' or 'When's Cheryl coming back' I would be a millionaire" I laugh and Cheryl chuckles along with me.

"The doggies?" Paisley asks looking around the room.

"They are in the car; will I go and get them?"

"Yes!" She shrieks and she jumps up and down on the spot holding tightly onto Cheryl's hand. She's so excited she may just burst. She loves dogs but obviously I was unable to get her one of her own and now she has two which to say she is happy about would be an understatement.

"I'll be right back" Cheryl winks and she goes back through the door she's just came in. Paisleys hanging around my leg impatiently as she awaits for her to return with the two fur balls of cuteness she's desperate to get her hands on. After a few seconds she comes back in with two small dogs I recognise to be Coco and Buster under her arms. They are already wagging their tails and when she puts them down on the ground they go crazy. They sprint around the hallway, backwards and forwards jumping on Paisley's legs then running back off again. It looks like they are happy to be home too.

"Here! Coco! Buster!" Cheryl calls and she pats her knee. They both come running over to her and she pats Buster on the head. "This is Buster.... And this one is coco" She tells Paisley and she holds Coco out for her to take which she more than happily does.

"I love them" Paisley giggles as he licks her face.

Cheryl turns back around to me and hugs me. I get the feeling that just like me she doesn't want to let go. "You're never leaving me again" I joke kissing behind her ear and she giggles tightening her arms around me.