Chapter 61

I wake up feeling incredibly home sick; although I absolutely love it here I woke up just wanting to hug my daughter. We leave tomorrow evening and I know that once we do leave I willl desperately be wanting to come back but  I miss the weird and wonderful conversations I have with Paisley every morning, I miss taking and picking her up from nursery and hearing all the wonderful details of how her day was. I’ve only been away a few days but it seems like much longer. I look behind at Cheryl still fast asleep in bed with her fist held by her face like a young child and I smile to myself pulling up my hair. In the long t-shirt I slept in and yesterday’s makeup still caked on my face I head outside to under the already scorching sun. My feet patting at the tiles that almost burn my soles weirdly feels rather nice… in some strange way, Needing a little piece from home I dial Sarah’s number and wait for her to answer just hoping she’s awake and not too busy to talk.

“Kimbers!”

“Hi Sarah! I’ve missed your voice”

“You sound knackered”

“Thanks. Ive missed you too” I roll my eyes although she can’t see me then chuckle to myself. “I’ve just woke up, Cheryl’s still in bed”

“You know I miss you really but wow you’re not joining her, what’s wrong with you?” I laugh and she does too from the other end.

“It’s so beautiful here it’s like something from a dream, I’ll send you some pictures this afternoon. The ocean is just … incredible”

“You’re making me jealous, it hasn’t stopped raining here and its absolutely freezing!”

“Sucks for you! I have a nice tan to make you even more jealous when I get back”

“Bring the sun back with you, yeah? When are you back anyways?”

“Tomorrow night, missing me?”

“Of course, we all are!”

“Good, Have you seen Pai?”

“I took her for a pizza yesterday, she had a major tantrum again in Tesco and your mum didn’t know what to do, she was so aware of everyone gawking and tutting their heads off It’s a good job I was there”

“I’m so sorry but thank you, what was wrong with her?”

“Something about sweets I don’t really know, does there ever have to be a reason for her to throw herself on the floor and claim everyone’s attention?”

“That’s true, I hope she isn’t being oo much for you-“

“Don’t be daft, apart from yesterday she’s been an angel for all of us!”

“I’m happy to hear that, it won’t be long before she’s barred from Tesco and thank you again you know I appreciate it don’t you?”

“Yes I know so you really don’t need to remind me”

“I like to, I can’t thank you enough or helping my family out while I’m away, you really are like a sister!”

“Right…. You’re in one of those moods so before you get even more mushy on me get yourself back to your girl!”

I laugh and smile at her even though she can’t seen me through the phone but I expect that she already knows. “Love you Saz!”

“I suppose I love you too, see you when you get home and I’ll give Paisley a hug from you”

“Thank you, Bye!”

“Toodles!”

“Toodles” I repeat once ive hung up and I can’t help but giggle.