Chapter 34

Ive had trouble posting this so im not sure if you are able to see it correctly, im really sorry if its stil messed up. I keep checking it but im not sure if its just my laptop messing it up or not :P

The party is lively and it’s all going smoothly. Everyone is here and seems to be having a good time especially Sarah who is getting tipsier as the hours go on, what a surprise. I can’t help but feel the burn of the eyes from everyone around us watching Cheryl’s every move. A few times I’ve noticed people trying to take sneaky pictures of her but I held my tongue not wanting to cause a scene. It’s not like she would refuse to take a picture with them if they just asked.  As Garry and Adam started to play football it quickly became clear that there was no room and it wasn’t exactly safe with a garden full of children so they’ve retracted back inside and are sitting on the Xbox playing a intense game of fifa.

“Can you get everyone outside?” I ask Cheryl. “We’re doing the cake now”

She rushes off inside and I gather everyone around the decorated table with Paisley at the top being centre of attention.. She looks so excited. Her teeth are on full display as the smile that hasn’t left her face all day is still very much present. Amy and her friends are sat around the table too surrounded by the toddlers and young children, it’s quite amusing. Sarah is sat opposite her in the middle of Nicola and Nadine. Nadine and Sarah both have their party hats on and have now forced Nicola to wear one and sit at the table with them.  “Cheryl?” Paisley looks around the garden with a concerned expression on her face.

“She’ll be out in a minute” I smile helping a little boy onto a chair and pushing him closer to the table.

“Are you excited for your cake?” Sarah slurs already slightly tipsy and Paisley nods.

“I wish I had a birthday cake” Nadine adds with a pout and she’s in a matching state to Sarah. Nicola laughs and takes the napkin she’s ripping away from her hands and puts it in the middle of the table.

“It’s not your birthday Nads”

“I know but I want a cake!”

“It’s not even her birthday but she wants to lick the icing off” cackles Sarah and I look at her giving her the ‘don’t go any further’ look as the parents I hardly know stood around us look at her in what I assume is disgust, it certainly isn’t amusement. They aren’t exactly like us to say the least. I tried to stop them both from drinking but they’re adults what can I do? I wasn’t going to ask them to leave. Of course my look of warning doesn’t stop her from quoting Rihanna and making a fool of herself. “She wants it in the worst way can’t wait to blow the candles out!”

I drop my head in my hands trying to keep in my giggles as both Nadine and Sarah chant “Cake cake cake cake” repeatedly and a little boy asks where exactly the ‘cake’ is at. The garden fills up from the people that were sat inside and everyone including Adam, Sally, Joan, Garry and my join us around the kid filled table. I lift Paisley up and sit her on my knee and she waves her hand frantically in the air as Cheryl joins us back outside.

“This seat!” She calls pointing to the seat right beside her. Of course Cheryl comes and sits on it still being watched by everybody and my mum finally comes out holding Paisley’s birthday cake. It has all her favourite Disney princesses on with her name piped in pink icing. Everyone starts singing as my mum carefully brings it to the table shielding the candles with her hand from the light wind. Obviously the voice of Sarah and the familiar Derry accent is all you can hear above the other voices. As everyone sings i rock side to side and Paisley grins at everyone clapping her hands as they sing to her. She absolutely loves the attention. When the cake gets put on the table in front of her she goes to touch the icing so I have to take her hand away just in case she burns herself, Cheryl looks at me and smiles before everyone stops singing and Paisley carefully leans over the cake.

CHIM - Life in the limelightजहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें