Chapter 74

“Hmm?” I turn onto my other side just wanting to fall back asleep but the matrass dips down beside me. Cheryl brushes my hair away from my face and again tells me to get up.

“Kimberley you need to get up! its Amy”

“It’s Amy?” I roll onto my back and Cheryl’s hovering above me with a look of concern on her face. She has her phone in one hand pressed against her chest. As soon as I see her I have a feeling something’s really wrong, I glance at the clock and its only 2am. “What’s wrong with Amy?”  I sit up and she quickly hands me the phone before nodding her head to me. “Hello?” It seems like it takes forever for someone to answer on the other end and when there is a voice its Sally’s and It seems to be shaking. There’s defiantly something wrong.

“Kimberley, Is Amy with you?” Sally asks urgently.

“No … what do you mean? She left mine yesterday at around five … Sal, what’s going on?”

“She hasn’t came home, we have no idea where she is” With that being said I get a heavy feeling in my chest and I’m all too aware of my heart pounding in my chest. Cheryl’s sat on the end of the bed watching me and trying to listen as best she can to the conversation me and Sally are having although I’m pretty sure she’s already been filled in on what’s happening.

“She … she hasn’t came home?” I swallow back the lump in my throat and rub my forehead.

“We thought she had went to her friends from yours but when she failed to come home we rang every one of them but nobody has seen her”

“Oh my god” The rest of the words I manage to get out stumble over eachother. I don’t know what I’m saying, I can’t seem to string a single sentence together. I get out of bed and rummage around the room looking for something to wear, absolutely anything will do. Cheryl stands up and passes me a grey jacket as I pull on a pair of Jeans.

“You don’t need to worry-“

“I don’t need to worry? My seventeen year old sister is god knows where with god knows who at this time in the morning, it’s almost 2am how am I supposed to not worry?” Cheryl’s now getting out some clothes of her own and down the phone I can hear someone shouting in the background. “Whos that?, what’s happening, Is she back?”

“That’s mum, she’s going crazy. Dads went for another drive around and Adams still trying her phone. I don’t know what to do Kimberley”

My heart continues to sink. “I’ll be 5 minutes, let mum know me and Cheryl are on our way-“

“What about Paisley? You can’t just leave her”

“Sarah and Nicola are here, I won’t be long, okay? Will you ring me if you hear anything from her?”

“I will I’ll tell Adam you’re coming too, keep an eye out for her on your way over here” Is the last thing she says before I hang up the phone. I feel like my world is crashing down around me. My heads now pounding, i can’t get my head around what’s happening never mind think straight. Cheryl’s already dressed, she’s zipping up her own jacket and she pulls her hood up before grabbing her keys and putting them in her pocket. She comes towards me and pulls me into her.

“It’s going to be fine, she’ll just be with one of her friends having a good moan. You know Amy”

“I do and I know she doesn’t do stuff like this. I’m so sorry for involving you”

“You have nothing to be sorry for, it really will be okay I promise you”

“You can’t promise that” I sniff and she takes my shaking hands and squeezes them.