Chapter 12

I’m already relaxing in the garden on one of the many sun loungers Cheryl’s got out in preparation for tonight’s barbeque. The music is on, the suns out, what could be better? The sun is scorching hot on my bare tummy. I’m just wearing a bikini top and pair of shorts because I don’t want to miss the opportunity to tan my normally milky skin. Cheryl’s inside dressing Paisley in one of the outfits she bought for her today and they have summoned me to the garden so I don’t ruin the surprise when they come marching out to give me a mini fashion show.

The garden is scattered in bright plastic toys Cheryl bought today for the garden, I’m surprised there’s anything even left in Toys R us, she really has spoilt her. I hear Cheryl and Paisley talking from behind me and I push my sunglass to the top of my head and sit up in the sun lounger.

“Are you ready for the cuteness?” Cheryl asks.

“I defiantly am”

Paisley walks in front of me with one hand in Cheryl’s and the other holding out the bottom of her new dress, she beaming from ear to ear. She looks adorable in a thin strapped summery dress and a matching bow clipping her loose hair to the side, She even has a pair of the most adorable brown sandals I have ever seen topping of her look.

“tada” Cheryl beams doing the jazz hands.

“Beautiful! Give me a twirl” I tell her holding her hand and she spins around. “What do you say to Cheryl for all your clothes?”

“Thank you” She smiles and Cheryl smiles back.

“No problem you cheeky monkey”

“Thank you for everything today, I really appreciate it” I tell her as we walk back indoors leaving Paisley occupied with her new toys.

“Look you don’t need to keep thanking us” Cheryl tells me and she tucks a loose piece of my hair behind my ear. “You look great by the way” She adds looking me up and down and I feel myself turn a dark shade of red which she doesn’t fail to notice. “Don’t be embarrassed, I wish I had your figure” She traces her finger down my tummy making me feel a way I have never felt before. She’s standing so close to me I’m sure she’s able to her my heart beating through my chest. 

“er … thank you” I manage to get out in the most normal way possible.

She turns her attention to the glass bottles stood on the kitchen counter and then looks at me “Do you think we got enough?”

“Are you kidding? You bought like every bottle in asda”

“I hope your friends like us” She says with a hint of concerned on her face.

“They will LOVE you” I rub her arm. “Don’t worry” She smiles and wraps her arms around my neck. “Whats this for?” I laugh hugging her back.

“Do I need a reason to hug me favourite person in the world?”

“I guess you don’t” I laugh

The doorbell rings making me and Cheryl look at each other and i hear an over familiar voice through the walls in its usual loud tone.

“Fuckin hell Nic, The fuck is Kimberley doing in a house like this?” I hear a voice I know to be Sarah’s from way outside.

I turn to Cheryl and we both laugh.

“My friends are here” I quickly hurry to the front door and Cheryl trails behind me looking more nervous then I’ve ever seen her. I take a deep breath before I swing it open to my friends standing in front of me.

“Kimberley!” Nicola is first to throw herself in my arms and Sarah is next.

“I’ve missed you both” I squeeze Sarah and let go of her so I can close the door behind them.