Chapter 25

Just like I predicted last night Cheryl indeed woke up regretting how much she had to drink and I’m having to force her to go to rehearsals. She’s still in bed with the covers pulled right over her head, every time I talk to her I just get a tired grunt in reply. I did warn her last night that carrying on drinking wouldn’t be the best idea and she would wake up to regret it.

“Come on Chez” I tug on the bottom of the duvet and she yanks it back up. Paisley is on my hip also in a grump due to just waking up and she’s being extremely clingy this morning for some weird reason. “It’s a lovely day, look” I grab the curtains and throw it open filling the room with light much to Cheryl’s frustration. “Ok it’s not that much of a nice day but come on you’re late!” She fails to respond once again, she’s just as bad as Amy when she refuses to get up for school every morning, it’s so frustrating.

“5 more minutes” I just about hear her say weakly.

“Get up!” I take the duvet in one hand and throw it off her body. She immediately curls up into a tighter ball as the cold air hits her and she mumbles something which I don’t hear. “Come on!”

“Leave us alone man me heads banging”

“I did warn you didn’t I, will I get you some water?”

“And a paracetamol ” she moans and that’s what I do. I go down the stairs with a silent Paisley still stuck to my side and go into the kitchen where Nadine and Sarah are already up sitting having a giggle over a coffee. It isn’t like Sarah to be up this early let alone to be laughing at this time, she’s normally asleep to at least noon after a heavy night of drinking.  “What are you doing up?”

“We thought we would get a cuppa didn’t we?”

“Yeah, god that bed is the comfiest I’ve ever slept in”

“It’s dead comfy aint it, not that you did much sleeping eh?” Sarah winks at her and Nadine slaps her arm with a serious look on her face. I’m not even going to try and figure out what she means by that it’s too early, I need to get Cheryl up and Paisleys refusing to let me put her down for even one second. Sarah’s little inside jokes can defiantly wait.

“Do I get a hug?” Nadine asks Paisley and she holds out her arms which she would normally jump into without a second thought but this morning she just turns her head away from her and rests it on my shoulder.

“She’s just tired”

“How’s Chezza’s head? Feeling a bit shit this morning?”

“ Worse than that, I’m going to have to drag her out of bed if she isn’t up by the time I get upstairs”

“So she likes it rough does she?” Sarah cackles at her own joke and I just roll my eyes. Nadine elbows her and looks at her in shock.

“She can hear you” she says motioning towards Paisley who most probably didn’t hear. Her eyes are slowly beginning to close.  

“She’s heard worse”

“And that’s what worries me” I laugh and get a glass of water for Cheryl which is rather difficult when having only one hand to use. “Has Nic not been up?”

“No, she’s dead to the world. Was she pissed?”

“Pissed? She was the one to get you both to bed”

“Oh my god” Nadine covers her face with both her hands and rests both elbows on the island. “How embarrassing”

“You’re telling me? I’m going back up now just help yourself to anything you want”