Chapter 32

Ok so i skipped foward a bit, i hope you dont mind :)

So the day I finally meet Cheryl’s family has came and we are waiting for the arrival of her mum and brother, Garry. Her other brother and the kids are unable to make it which gutted us, Paisley was looking forward to having some children to play with. I don’t think I have ever felt so nervous about anything. I haven’t really ‘met the parents’ of a partner before so I hope I make a good first impression, I just hope they like me. I’m scared in case they don’t, in case they think I’m not good enough for their dearly loved Cheryl. They are protective over her and of course that doesn’t surprise me in the slightest. My parents are the same with me and after everything Cheryl’s been through with her last ex I would be protective over her too. They know I have a daughter obviously but I’m still scared in case I fall under their judgement.

“Kim just sit down, there is going to be no counter left if you scrub it much longer” Cheryl jokes as I wipe away at the counter in the kitchen for about the fifth time today. Every time I clean it it seems to gather dust or someone makes a mess of it again much to my annoyance. “Me mam doesn’t care what the house looks like, you’ve been cleaning for hours”

“I just want it to be perfect” I turn around to look at her and the worry is clear in my eyes. “I’m just scared in case they don’t like me”

She giggles taking both my hands in hers. “Babe they will love you, you need to stop worrying”

“I do don’t i?”

“You do” She chuckles against my lips. “They will be here in half an hour me mam phoned just before”

“Oh god, I don’t know what’s wrong with me look I’m shaking” I hold my hand out and it trembles with nerves.

“Babe calm down, there really isn’t anything to be scared about”

“I know”

She moves forward and puts her arms around me as I lean back against the counter. “What’s this for?” I ask running a hand easily through her hair. She shrugs her shoulders and tilts her head up pouting her lips signalling she wants a kiss. I give her what she wants and lean down to quickly peck them.

“Just because I love you” She smiles.

“Ew” I hear Paisley making a ‘sick’ noise and I look over Cheryl’s shoulder to see her holding Buster in her arms struggling to keep him off the floor.

“What? I can’t show your mum how much I love her?”

“It’s yucky” She announces and we both laugh. She puts Buster down on the ground and revels her once clean white top is now smeared in chocolate. She’s been hyper all day as her birthday and  party is tomorrow it’s had her jumping from wall to wall. I can’t say I’m too happy about her growing another year older.

“Paisley, I thought I said no chocolate!” I say letting go of Cheryl and crossing the kitchen over to her.

“I didn’t”

“How do you explain the chocolate on your T-shirt then?” I pull on the bottom of the T-shirt and she looks down at it innocently and she scrunches up her face, shrugging her shoulders failing to meet my eye contact. She’s a useless liar. “Come on, I have to change you now. You don’t want to be dirty when Joan gets here” I take her hand and she looks up at me.

“Joan?”

“I told you Cheryl’s mum is coming didn’t i?” She nods her head and Cheryl smiles.

“And my Garry” Cheryl tells her and she looks at her in excitement.

“The boy and girl too?” Paisley asks. She doesn’t normally have a lot of children to play with on a daily basis, she’s normally surrounded by adults most of the time and she often tells me Sarah is her ‘best friend’ so it would have been nice for her to have children around her own age to play with but of course it can’t be helped.