Chapter 64

After visiting my family and having to tell my sisters every little detail of how last night was I’ve final came home and I can’t wait to just put my feet up although I have countless amounts of emails I need to be replying to.

“Paisley can you please leave Buster alone, he doesn’t like it”

“I’m cuddling him”

“I know you are and that’s nice but look, he wants to be down” I take the small dog from her arms and she throws herself backwards on the sofa with a dramatic and over the top sigh. “Go and play”

“Its boring”

“You have piles and piles of toys, How you could possibly be bored I don’t know. There are children out there who would love what you have”

“Will you play?” She whines.

“I can’t right now, I have jobs to do. You go play on our own and I’ll be up as soon as I’m done”

“I want a sister” I laugh at her silly statement and pull her up from the sofa to adjust the cushion she has just flattened. “Maisey, Lauren and Holly all have sisters”

“Well sorry I can’t give you one” I stick my tongue out at her but she still has a serious look on her face. “You really want a sister?” I ask and she nods while pushing back her hair. “Baby, Maybe one day you’ll have one but not right now. Having a baby is a big deal”  I tell her.

“How?”

“They aren’t just to play with, do you want someone screaming the house down all night or making the house smelly with dirty nappies?” She quickly shakes her head. “They aren’t like your doll over there”

“Kimba?!” I hear Cheryl screaming my name urgently from upstairs and I quickly run out the room as Paisley  follows me. “Kim?” I sprint up the stairs missing out the odd one or two until I reach the room door she’s shouting of me from.

“Cheryl, what’s wrong?” I panic but when I see her shes completely fine. Shes stood laughing at me with her arms folded. “What is wrong with you? I nearly died getting up here. I thought something was wrong!”

“What happened?” Paisley asks out of breath as she finally reaches the top of the stairs and she hangs around the banister.

“I knew if I called you it would take you forever to get here so I had to get you here quickly”

“What’s so important?”

“I have a surprise for you”

“You do?”

“Mhm, follow me” She grabs my hand and pulls me along behind her as she takes us out the bedroom and into the spare room that none of us ever really go in. “Close your eyes” She instructs me and I do reluctantly.

“Make sure she doesn’t peak!” I hear her tell Paisley and I stand there for a few seconds just waiting for her to let me uncover my eyes. “Okay, open them”

I remove my hand and in front of me is a white fancy desk with a brand new laptop sat on it. “What’s this …?”

“It’s your new office” She beams and jogs across the room to tug me towards the desk. “If you’re working for me you have to have the best” I look from her to the new furniture and her smile dissolves from her face. “What’s wrong?”

“N-Nothing”

“You don’t like it?”

“Of course I like it”  I quickly reply, almost too quickly. She still doesn’t look like she’s been whejwee. “Its just… I hope you haven’t wasted your money”