Chapter 62

“Right get here you! Don’t think you’ve gotten out of giving us a hug” Cheryl hurries Scott into her embrace just after pushing Jenny out of it.

“I didn’t think I was that lucky” He jokes and she tearfully giggles adjusting the sunglasses on top of her head but really I don’t think they even needed moved. it’s more of a distraction as she tries her hardest not to cry, typical Cheryl she’s always been over emotional, we’ve only known these people four days but I understand her sadness, don’t get me wrong I will miss them too. In just these short few days we’ve bonded with them so much that I feel like I could bring them back home with us and not have a single problem. We’ll definitely have to keep in touch, I have a feeling these crazy two are going to be our friends for life.

“And keep in touch!” I raise my voice and finger. “You’re not getting rid of us now”

“Come here!” Jenny opens her arms and for about the third time I fall into them. She’s rubbing between my shoulder blades and she kisses my cheek. “Sorry Chez, I’m kissing on your woman”

“I don’t mind, let us join yous” Our arms break open for Cheryl to make our hug a three way one.

“Hold it right there Let me get my camera”

We all laugh loudly and I pull away from the two women. “Im going to miss you too even if you are a sarcastic arsehole of a douche”

“A sarcastic arsehole of a douche. Hmm… I like it”

“We’ll have to arrange a get together or something, give our love to the kids won’t you?”

“And ours to that beautiful little girl of yours! We have each other’s numbers and everything so there’s no reason why we can’t keep in touch and anyways, if you try and forget about us im coming to find you!”

“I don’t doubt it”

“Right you better get on this boat before it leaves without you and by the look on his face it wouldn’t surprise me if he does”

“I know, look after yourself. The both of you”

Finally we get on the boat and we’re waving at each other like we are characters from  some cheesy movie once we’re far out and Jenny and Scott are out of sight Cheryl puts her arms around me as I stand with both my hands on the metal rail. “And off we go back to our little life in London”

“To our little girl-“

“And little dogs” I giggle as she nuzzles her face in my neck while giving me quick little kisses. “Do you think we could fit the sun in me suitcase?”

“Maybe if you jump on it and I pull the zip”

*

“Mummy!” as soon as I walk through the door Paisley has ran through the house and attached herself onto my legs and the two tiny dogs have followed her in to jump up at me while wagging their tails excitedly. I lift Paisley up and her arms travel around my neck tightly hugging me as I kiss her cheek. I quickly pat the dogs heads then hug Paisley again, she’s surprisingly looking in a better state then she had been when I skyped her in Bora Bora. Her hairs brushed nicely and she’s in a nice clean pair of pyjamas all ready for bed. She should have been in bed hours ago especially on a school night but tonight it doesn’t matter, she’s stayed up to greet us when we got home and I’m glad she did.

“I’ve missed you”

“I missed you!” She pulls backwards and looks around with a concerned look on her face. “Mam?”

“It’s alright she just getting her case from the car” She hugs me once again like I’m somehow going to disappear and I hold a hand to the back of her head as I turn around to my mum coming out the kitchen.