Chapter 72

Heres a new chapter my babiessss! Thank you for continuing to read this even though i can only update when im not at work (and i work quite a lot atm) You all make my day, i love reading your comments. I love you all! 

When Cheryl gets down she’s changed into a pair of pyjamas. Shes tied her hair up and wiped off every scrap of makeup on her face. I was wondering what was taking her so long. I thought she was just avoiding me. It wouldn’t be surprising.

“Did she go to bed okay?” I ask making awkward conversation when all I want to do is wrap my arms around her.

“She was a bit hyper but that’s just because she’s excited about me being home not because she’s got a screw lose” She says bitterly as she looks in the kitchen cupboard. I decide not to say anything I just stand there looking at her trying to think of a way to brake the awkwardness. Anything’s comng to mind. I don’t understand why she’s being like this. Of course I knew what she thought about me taking her to the doctor and I did it anyways but I defiantly think she’s overreacting. I go over to her and put a hand on her back but as soon as I touch her she shrugs me off.

“Cheryl-“

“Do we have any tea bags?”

“Um … They should be in there somewhere. We only went foo- Shit!” I curse remembering Paisley dropped the whole box into the soapy dish water just the other day when she was sat on the counter watching me do the washing up.

“What happened?” Cheryl asks and she looks at me in wonder.

“Paisley happened-“

“I wish you’d stop saying things like that!” She snaps making me feel quite taken aback. “Stop saying things like that!”

“I was-“

“I know what you were doing!”

“What’s gotten into you?” I spit now becoming annoyed at how bad her attitude is, It’s hardly a surprise Paisley is the way she is when she has behaviour like Cheryl’s to copy from. The only difference is that Paisley is three years old.

“Into me? You know what Kimberley. I’m jetlagged, all I want to do is sleep I’m really not in the mood to argue right now”

“Cheryl, you’ve just got home and I’ve missed you like crazy! You still haven’t told me exactly why you came home so early and youre being like this, You haven’t even given me a smile since I walked through the door”

“What do you expect when I come home to find out all you have done since I’ve been away is go behind me back on everything?” I pull a face trying to figure out what she means by that. “And don’t look at us like that” She points at me.

“I don’t understand what you mean-“

“The doctors, Paisley having a little sleepover at her doting daddy’s house, Do I need to go on?” I find myself wondering how she knows about any of this, she’s been home only hours. It’s not like I wasn’t going to tell her it’s just that I haven’t got a chance. I’ve just came home and she’s had a face like thunder since she laid eyes on me. She does a sarcastic little grunt and I hesitate. She squeezes past me and the counter so she can leave the kitchen but I hold onto her arm.

“Babe-“

“Don’t ‘babe’ me” She sneers and pushes my hand off her. “On the way home I couldn’t wait to see you, I couldn’t wait to just throw me arms around you but I come home to all of this!”

“I was going to tell you, it’s not like I was never going to. Of course I would have to tell you about the doctor because guess what Chez, I know my daughter and I was right. Something is wrong with her no matter how much you don’t want to believe it, there is something wrong” Her face changes completely. She looks so worried and concerned, as I had thought she would do she straight away orders me to tell her what’s wrong so I do as much as she doesn’t like it. “She has ADHD-“