Chapter 59

“I wish yous didn’t have to go”

“I know mam but we’ll see you soon, Wont we Pai?”

Paisley nods her head while hanging around Joan’s neck and she hitches her up to stop her from falling. She doesn’t seem to want to leave but I think we’re ready too now. Living under one roof with all these people probably drove me and Cheryl to clash, I can’t wait to see my family and friends, it seems like I haven’t seen them in forever. “Can i see Nicola,Sarah and Nadine?” She asks feeling sorry for herself. Cheryl nods her head and cups her cheek in her hand.

“Of course you can”

Alaina is perched on the arm of the sofa petting Buster’s head, I still find it odd that I didn’t even know she existed until recently and she’s such a big part of Cheryl’s life. “Paisley... how about you help your Nana and Mam put the leads on the dogs?”

“I think they are excited to come home”

“I do too, go on you help them … Alaina, could I have a word in the kitchen?” My question causes a worried look to emerge on her face and Cheryl’s is matching it. She looks at me and then to Cheryl whos also looking at me probably trying to figure out what I’m trying to do.

“I …um, of course” She gets up and warily follows me into the kitchen leaving everone else behind. I close the door and she leans back against the counter.

“Don’t look so worried” I laugh cracking the awkwardness.

“It’s just me face and can you blame us? I don’t know what’s coming next”

“I just want to apologise that’s all, for everything that’s happened since I’ve been here. I’m not normally like that I promise-“

“You have nothing to be sorry for, you either love us or hate us there’s no in-between”

“I don’t hate you though, I wanted to but I don’t. I guess I was just a little jealous of how close you and Cheryl are”

She laughs a genuine laugh that makes me laugh too. She holds out her arms and does a little head movement inviting me into her arms. “Get here, let’s hug it out”

I barely get a chance to reply as she pulls me roughly towards her, she squeezes me tight and rubs my back. “Don’t be a stranger you!”

“You have your fair share of babysitting to do, there’s always a bed at ours if you ever need a break from … all of this”

“I appreciate it, I still need to meet this nutter Sarah I’ve heard so much about”

“You’re either going to get on like a house on fire or clash like a cat and dog” I giggle and the door creaks open. I don’t even need to turn around to know who it is. Cheryl bounces towards me with a grin on her face.

“I just came to see what you were up too”

“More like you were just being nosey!”

“You know me too well!” She leans forward to kiss my nose and she come to stand by my side. “So are we going to plan something soon? We need a proper girls night out”

“You know me! I never say no to a drinking sesh!”

*

Sitting with my friends around a few pizzas with a few glasses of wine and a dvd none of us are paying attention to is bliss, it feels even better to be back home in my own house. We’ve gathered with our friends that I’ve missed like crazy, It feels like I haven’t seen them in months even though I saw them at the O2 arena not too long ago, we ordered pizza which is going down a treat. Sarah has it all over her mouth. I think she has a bigger mess then Paisley who is sat contently on Nadine’s lap.