0.3

edited
sunday, august 30
jack gilinsky

as the guys and i were walking inside the house from playing basketball, female voices were evident to our ears.

"he was so looking at you like a piece of meat, vic! just text him!" megan loudly says to victoria across the kitchen island.

after hearing megan's remark, my stomach flipped.

"no way, he was such an ass" victoria scoffs, "no way i would want to be near that."

"that's my sister" nate proudly says, setting his arm around victoria's neck, "ain't takin' no bullshit from no boys."

megan gives johnson and i a look as we approach the island.

"if you got something to say, just say it" johnson speaks up and averts his statement to megan.

"i ain't got nothing to say to you" megan rolls her eyes, "im gonna dip out anyway, vic. i'll see you later."

"okay. text me when you're home" victoria hugs her best friend goodbye, as megan replies with an 'okay'.

waiting until megan's out of sight, victoria turns to johnson, "are you kidding me, johnson?"

"what?!" johnson defends, beginning to eat an apple that is sitting in the basket that lies on the kitchen island.

she sighs with frustration, "nevermind."

"no, come and tell me why you said that" johnson demands, but it goes no where.

as victoria walks away, we all just shrug off the event and go back to doing what we were doing.

its now been about an hour and a half since victoria disappeared upstairs.

"yo g, can you go talk to my sister? you always know how to cheer her up" nate asks me, which results into me nodding.

i've always had a soft spot for victoria, but i'd never admit that to anybody. she's such a perfect girl, and i sometimes wish her and nate weren't siblings.

i stand up from the couch and approach the staircase. i jog up the long and windy staircase, finally reaching the top.

i walk to mid-hallway, coming to a halt when i get to victoria's bedroom door.

lightly, i knock on her door. soon after, i hear footsteps, then the door swiftly opens.

"hey" she softly says when realizing its me.

i smile, "may i?" gesturing towards entering her room.

she nods and allows me to walk inside her room, as she closes the door behind me.

"look jack, if you're up here to lecture me or try and cheer me up, im okay and i don't need a lecture" victoria tells me straight up.

"im not here to lecture you, victoria. i know that you weren't wrong with how you handled the situation, but why are you just chilling in your room?" i ask, "i love it, and the boys probably agree, when you're around us."

victoria looks at me with a small smile, "maybe later, jack."

"okay, if you say so. but you better come down. we can all even go swimming if you want to" i offer, "oh, and by the way.. johnson and i are throwing a party next weekend. if you want to come, you can bring megan too if you'd like."

"alright, thanks jack" she says to me as i smile, "hey, wait.. can i ask you something?"

i was about to get up to make my way back to the boys, but i nod and sit back down.

"shoot" i say, awaiting her question.

"have you got any girls? i know you're probably like what the fuck, but as a friend, im just wondering" she asks me. im completely shocked at the question, but i snap into reality that we are friends.

"none. there was a girl back in la who was way too clingy and annoying, so after her, i took a break from girls to focus on my career. there's this one girl though, she's really close with me.. but if i do anything with her, it'll be really wrong since she's a sibling of one of my best friends" i hint at the fact that its her, but i watch her emotions. they seem upset, as if she didn't come to realize its her.

she nods, "that's nice. i hope you go for it, jack. you deserve someone great."

"what about you? have any boys?" i revert the topic to her.

"no" she simply replied before explaining, "i mean, there is a guy on my radar.. but i doubt anything will happen."

"why's that?" i ask her curiously.

victoria bluntly replies, "because."

"because..?" i await her response.

"i'll tell you later. the boys are probably waiting for you" she tells me, "go with them. i'll come down after."

"alright, i hope you're better" i tell her, "i hate seeing you upset."

"i am, thank you" she hugs me, "love you, gilinsky."

i squeeze her, before letting go, "love you too, maloley."