1.4

edited
wednesday, october 12
victoria maloley

it's been a day without all four of the boys. twenty four hours of peace and quiet, but also utter boredom. im currently sprawled out on the couch with a blanket draped over my legs loosely.

only moments went by of the boredom, when my phone began to ring. i immediately looked down and saw that jack was calling me.

"hey baby" i happily accept the call, immediately putting him on speaker.

"hey babygirl, what're you doing?" he asks, "oh yeah, the boys say hi."

i chuckle, "tell them i say hi. but im not doing anything, literally nothing."

"i can tell you're bored" jack states, "hence why you should come on tour with us!"

my eyes roll themselves, as jack seemed to feel it.

"don't roll your eyes, vic" he speaks up. my stomach drops somewhat, wondering how exactly he knew.

"how'd you even know?" the tone of my voice showing my complete and utter confusion towards his knowledge.

"how long have i known you?" jack says, allowing me to shake my head playfully, although he cannot see me.

i then laugh, my voice somewhat fading as sadness grows in me.

"so, how's it been?" i finally ask, awaiting his answer.

"i mean, it hasn't been bad. just missing you is the hardest part" as i click confirm on my laptop for a purchase, i reply to jack's comment.

"mm, i know. i miss you like crazy, babe" i answer. 

talking was evident on the other line, as i sat patiently waiting for jack to reply.

"baby, i got to go. i'll call you later. i love you" he finally replies, his voice rushed.

"okay, i love you too."

and that was that. the phone call was ended by jack, and i sat with my phone in my hand. the line was dead and i sat there.

• •

today has been pretty productive, i must admit. i've bought some stuff online- one thing being very special, i went out grocery shopping, i somewhat cleaned the home and that's all so far.

as i sat down, i took my phone out of the back pocket of my jeans and unlocked it. i immediately went to social media sites, scrolling through pictures. so many tags began to flow in, as my eyebrows furrowed at the sight.

after clicking on the notification section of each social site, i found many pictures with jack tagged, but as well as me. various people were commenting at the fact that they wanted me there, but also about how amazing jack is. my heart was warmed by the sight of the wonderful and loving comments made by people.

i took about an hour to reply to as many comments as i could, but soon was interrupted by jack's video chat notification. obviously, i accept, and wait to see my baby on the other side.

when it connects, johnson's face appears on the screen.

"hey j!" i happily yell, very excited to see one of my best friends.

johnson smiles, "hey little maloley! what're you doing?"

as an answer, i shrug and then reply verbally, "nothing. i just got home a few hours ago, and now im sitting down."

"jack wanted to talk to you, but his loss because he's in the shower and left his phone out" johnson smiles, "he really wishes you were here, vic."

"can you keep a secret from everyone?" i finally blurt, "and go somewhere private."

"yeah?.." he suspiciously says, walking somewhere dark and then whispering.

i prepare to tell him the news, "well.. im coming to visit you guys."

"oh my god!" he loudly yells, "oh shit."

my laugh is quiet, but still evident to his ears.

"yeah, i bought my ticket earlier" i explain, "im coming in a week. i think you guys are in atlanta."

"yep, we are" he whispers.

only moments later, jack's voice is heard in the background.

"jack?! bro?! where's my phone?!"

johnson ends the call with a wave goodbye, as i sit on the couch and scroll through my phone.

jack g
can we talk??

after receiving the text message from jack, my heart is warmed and jittery.

victoria
yeah call me

he does as said, but video calling instead.

"hey babygirl, you're looking hotter than ever" he states when the call connects.

i smile, "you're in a happy mood?"

"yeah.. because i have some news" jack says slowly, causing nervousness and anxiousness to grow inside of me.

"what is it?" i ask him, awaiting his answer.

he then takes a deep breath, "im quitting the tour and coming back to see you. nate and sammy already know, i just have to break it to johnson."

"what?!" i yell, "jack! you can't quit the tour!"

"i've already signed the papers. furthermore, why aren't you happy? is something going on, and you don't want to get caught?" jack asks, anger laced in his deep voice.

my jaw almost hits the floor, "if you're implying that im cheating, im disgusted and offended that you'd think that low of me."

"you didn't defend yourself, victoria" is all he says.

i shake my head, "fix your head, jack. if you think that i'd even entertain the thought of cheating on you, then i don't even know who the hell you are. the reason im not happy you're quitting is, one, because i care about your career! and two, because i—"

"save it. i'll talk to you later"