2.8

edited
friday, september 27
victoria maloley

my eyes were glued to the test as my breathing gets ridgid. i faintly hear jack's footsteps coming up the stairs in a rushed manner.

"so?" he bardges in the bathroom panting.

i don't say a word, i just sit there with the test in my hand. you could easily tell im nervous just by the way the test was shaking in my hand.

jack gently takes it from my grasp and remains silent for a few moments. he comes down to my level and looks at me.

"are you okay?"

all i can do is cry and shrug. he takes me in for an embrace, rubbing circles on my back for comfort.

"i-i don't know what to do" i cry, pulling away from him enough to look into his eyes.

he nods, "we're in this entire journey together, okay?"

"okay."

• • •

nate was coming over within the next hour to hangout with jack. i didn't know what to do. i can't explain anything of what's going on recently, and now everything is surreal.

i don't know if i tell my brother or if i hide it until i figure out more.

"hey baby" jack coos as he walks into the kitchen.

"hey" i respond as i take a swig of water.

jack walks up to me and puts his hands on waist, "if you're scared, it's okay. everything will be okay. you can't look at this as a setback or something, because it's not. this is going to be a learning experience for the both of us, victoria."

before i could respond, the front door swings open.

"ya boy skate is in the house! no fucking guys!" he screams.

jack and i appear from the kitchen.

"shut up" i roll my eyes. nate laughs as he comes up to hug me.

"how ya doin', sis?" he asks me.

my voice hitches. jack helps me out by saying, "she's been a little sick lately."

nate looks at me oddly and then shrugs.

"nate?" i quickly say.

"yeah?"

jack looks at me and i nod.

"um.. please don't be let down, or mad, or anything.." i begin.

nate creases his eyebrows, "what are you talk–"

"im pregnant."

the entire place is quiet for probably about a total of two minutes. nate's face is emotionless. i don't know what emotion or emotions are going through his head.

jack looks at me when i look back at him. i crease my eyebrows as he nods at me for reassurance.

"nate?"

he waves me off, "im just processing that you're moving on with your life before i am."

i let out a sigh, "so you're not mad?"

"mad?" nate asks me astonished, "obviously im not mad! im gonna be a fucking uncle. i'll be the chill uncle skate that your kid can come to if you two are being lame ass parents."

jack clears his throat and begins to laugh.

"first of all, we will not be lame ass parents. thank you very much" i chuckle.

nate rolls his eyes and shakes his head.

"how did you find out you were pregnant?" he asks me.

i explain the whole sickness story and then how jack forced me to take the test, and bam, i know im pregnant.

"well, congrats sis. mom's going to be proud of you" he embraces me, then walks to jack, "and congrats bro. you better be a good dad to your kid. you ain't leavin' my sister as a single mom, aight?"

jack nods, "i wouldn't dream of doing that to her."

nate and jack proceed to get ready to leave the house to go on with their guys day. i settle on the couch and turn on some television, drifting off to sleep.