1.6

edited
tuesday, october 25
victoria maloley

"i love you too" my voice evidently shakes as i hang up the phone.

jack walked over to me and embraced me.

"it's okay, baby" he holds me, my feet hardly lifting off the floor to sway us side to side, "he'll be back soon."

a sniffle is heard from me as a tear falls slowly down my cheek, "i miss him so much."

"i know you do, vic, but you just gotta know that it's not like it used to be" jack assures me, "he will come back. it's not like he lives in another state like before."

"you're right" i admit to my boyfriend lowly, a smirk appearing on his face.

my eyes roll in unison, "shut up."

"i didn't say anything!" he exclaims, both his arms rising in defence.

a smirk appears on my face, a cocky attitude unleashing from inside me.

"you're good" he laughs.

both jack and i retire to the bedroom, preparing for nighttime. as both of us are dressed in our nightwear, we both proceed to brush our teeth. once finished, we're ready for bed.

at least i am.

"you not going to sleep?" i ask, looking up at jack who's back rests on the headboard, scrolling on his phone.

"soon babe, im just checkin' up on stuff" he tells me, swiftly leaning down to kiss my lips kindly. i smile to myself as i roll back around and drift off to a peaceful sleep.

• •

my eyes are heavy and my mind is pounding. i roll over and click the home button on my phone, the time displayed is 3:47.

3:47am.

i roll away from jack, stepping out of bed quietly and carefully, being sure to try not to wake him from his sleep. that process alone was difficult, trust me. just trying to move his arm was a hassle.

in the dark home, i feel around for objects near and make my way down to the kitchen. i turn on the light, my eyes squinting at the burst of light blasted through the room.

as my eyes are still blurry from recently waking, i search around for some type of pill that cures headaches. finally i find a bottle, and follow the instructions. with the fact that i don't want to wake jack, i turn off the light and lightly walk to the couch nearby.

i fling off the cozy blanket that lays on the back of the couch, fixing a pillow on the couch and sprawl it on me. the darkness of the home allows me to drift into a sleep again, complete darkness taking over as i fall back into a doze.

• •

"victoria?" a voice evident to my ears as i come out of the deep sleep i was in.

jack takes over my view, my eyes taking in where i am located.

"what're you doing sleeping on the couch?" he adds, sitting on the edge of the leather couch.

"i was woken up at three in the morning" i pause to yawn, sitting up on the couch to allow him to sit too, "i had a pounding headache, so i came down here to get medicine to soothe it, and by the time i did, i didn't want to go upstairs and wake you so i stayed down here."

sympathy washes over jack's face.

"baby, i wish you had woken me. this house gets dark at night, what if you fell or something, i'd be an asshole boyfriend who slept through it"

"oh stop!" my voice raises slightly with annoyance, "yes it was dark, but im okay, aren't i? if i fell, i fell. but i didn't, so it's okay."

a sigh is heard from jack, "i just want you to be safe."

"and i am" i reassure him. his lips thin out, as he releases them and smiles.

"im thankful for that" he says while standing, "do you want anything to eat?"

"no thanks, im okay for now" i reply, also standing to fix the couch.

jack nods and walks into the kitchen, while i stand and stretch.

"im gonna go on a run" i state, jogging upstairs to get ready.

maybe i'll run into someone, or stop and see someone.

• • • • •

such a bad upload, im so sorry!! it's also been so, so long. im stuck on this book, guys, and i love it so much that i don't want to give up on it. PLEASE if you have ideas, message me or comment them!!! if i get no ideas, im either going to end the book / take a break. i don't want this book to go down to shit.

so please help me out!!

love yous!! ❤️❤️