2.1

do you guys like longer chapters or shorter?? sometimes chapters i write are 800+ words, this one is only 500+ . which do you prefer?

• •

edited
friday, november 1
jack gilinsky

the agreement is finalized with management.

victoria and i are finally back to normal.

her and i, as a couple, are thriving.

im currently sitting beside my girl, while her and her brother banter with each other across the room.

"okay, how about no?" victoria pathetically laughs, "please, you can't do that, nate!"

nate rolls his eyes, "im your older brother, you cannot tell me what to do!"

victoria slouches in her seat.

"aw, is little baby victoria mad at me now?" nate taunts her.

without a doubt, victoria snaps.

and she doesn't just snap. she explodes.

"you know what, nate? go fuckin' get high with your life! go throw away your life, everything in it – obviously, except your weed – and be fucking happy. since nothing else matters to you, then go be fucking happy, nate! do whatever, fuck if i care!" she finalizes, standing from the couch, then walking out the door.

don't let me forget to mention — when she left.. she made it known. i've never heard a door slam that hard, ever.

nate sighs in his seat, probably realizing he messed up with the statements he directed to victoria. no siblings should fight like they just did.

he doesn't verbally produce words, but his facial expression says it all.

victoria and him have always had a perfect sibling relationship. they argued, yeah, but never fought this bad.

"i fucked up, didn't i?" he says aloud to johnson and i.

both of us nod in unison.

"will you go talk to her for me, gilinsky?" nate asks.

"i shouldn't, but if you want me to, i can" i say. he nods in response.

when i walk outside, victoria's car is parked in the driveway. meaning, she's relocating by foot.

i jump in my car, dialling her phone number and connecting it to my car. her voice soon echos through the speakers.

"hello?"

"baby, where are you?" i ask her hurriedly, "im alone and fucking worried about you."

deep breathing is heard on her end, causing anxiousness and more worry to evidently grow inside me.

then she answers, "just walking around."

mentally, i facepalm myself.

"where, victoria?" i sternly ask her, hoping she'd give me a real answer.

"why should i tell you, jack? so you can come find me, then try and convince me that my brother was stupid, and didn't mean anything he said?" she speaks aloud, "that's not happening, whether you like it or not. im not forgiving him, at least not right now."

i somewhat understood what she was saying. no one likes being in a negative mood, or determined mindset, and have someone try and manipulate you into doing something you didn't want to do.

i then sigh, "i won't try and do anything. just let me come and be with you. i need to know you are, and will be, okay."

"i hate you and your persistence" she states, "im near the bus station."

worry shoots through me.

"you're leaving?!" i exclaim, slamming onto the gas pedal.

victoria's chuckle is heard on the line, "no, jack. im walking past it."

"okay, just stop where you are and let me get to you?"

• •

i had finally picked her up, and we were now on our way to.. well, no where. we were simply driving around and talking. music was softly playing, but that didn't even matter in the moment.

"jack?"

"yeah?"

"i don't think you realize something."

"and what's that?"

"i love you so much, and i truly have no idea what i'd do without you. you coming up with the idea of us settley getting more affectionate was an idea i never knew would bring us this close. you mean the world to me, jack. im so lucky to have you" victoria pours out.

her words left me in shock, and pure awe.