0.5

edited
tuesday, september 1
jack gilinsky

the boys and i are preparing to go for a swim, since we went into a conversation, then an argument, after victoria left to go hangout with megan.

nate was pretty butthurt that victoria wants to hangout with megan since megan treats vic bad sometimes. she kind of bypasses the subject when he brings it up, so they just act as if nothing is wrong.

"let's go swimming, boys!" nate yells, bringing bottles of water outside with him.

only moments later, victoria and megan walk through the patio doors.

"sick invite" megan says, "hey gilinsky! inside, i got to talk to you."

i roll my eyes, but get off the chair to follow her inside.

"what?" i ask when i enter the living room with megan.

"what's going on with you and vic?" she bluntly asks, causing me to jerk back.

"what are you talking about?"

she pathetically laughs, "listen jack, i know you're lying and you know the same. vic probably likes you, although she won't admit it to me. but as her best friend, i can say that you make her happy. a hell of a lot happier than the stupid boys that we went to school with. so i approve of you and her."

"okay, i understand your best friend view. but the only people i'd want permission and approval from is her parents and nate. that's it. so thank you for your consideration, but if victoria and i were to get together, it's none of your business" i tell her bluntly, "and furthermore, if victoria won't tell you if she likes me or not, that means she is insecure about it. she knows that you don't like me, so why would she tell you if she had feelings for me?"

"what the fuck, jack. that's dumb and wrong. vic and i are best friends, so no matter what, she'd tell me. you left her in omaha to go with johnson to la, which left her without one of her closest friends. of course her and i are close, but you and her were much closer than her and i were. so why do you think she'd want to admit that she likes a guy who abandoned her without telling her? i know you thought she wouldn't care, but when nate told her, she was devastated to know you were gone. why would she want to admit she likes you?" megan rambles, but her message causes my heart to sink.

"im gonna go talk to her" is all i say, before standing and walking out to the swimming pool.

when i walk out there, megan sneaks behind me and whispers lowly in my ear.

"didn't notice that guys drool at her, did you?"

i was in shock at the view, due to my usual in-denial. nate and johnson were standing in the corner of the pool arguing. sammy was in the pool staring up at victoria, who is sitting on the edge of the pool. she wasn't in a bathing suit- thank god- but she was in a crop top that was army patterned, and white shorts.

"hey sammy!" megan yells to him, i guess helping me out?

sammy gets distracted by whatever she's saying, so i finally got the chance to go and talk to victoria.

"hey, can we go and talk? it's important" i ask her, she happily nods and walks in front of me. her skin was so tanned, and with the white shorts, it looked even tanner.

"so what's up?" victoria questions once inside her home. she sits up on the kitchen counter and watches my movements.

i go and lean on the fridge before talking, "okay, so uh.. i have come to the conclusion that i should just tell you that i.. i like you, and i have for a very long time. and i know, fuck i know, you're nate's sister. but i can't help it."

"thank you for saying that" is what she says, causing me to be taken back.

"what?" i ask, pulling my eyebrows together in confusion.

"come here" she demands, causing me to stand before her. she connects her lips with mine. it takes me a second to realize that her and i were kissing, and goddamn.. it feels good.

we deepen the kiss by tilting our heads and her putting her hands in my hair.

"what if nate comes in?" i mumble, as she then pulls away.

she smiles, "it wasn't because i wanted to kiss you, that i kissed you. im happy you finally said what you said, because you have no idea how long i've been waiting to hear that."

after a couple more minutes of talking, i helped victoria off of the counter, and we walked out back to the pool.