0.4

edited
tuesday, september 1
victoria maloley

ever since my conversation with jack on sunday, i haven't had a normal or long talk with him. i hinted at the fact that i liked him, but he essentially bypassed it.

and i know.. i shouldn't like jack. but i do, and it seems as if him being back in omaha is making my liking for him increase once again.

megan and i were about to go out to the mall to go shopping and eat, so i was preparing to go and pick her up.

"hey sister" nate says, walking into my room.

"hey brother" i reply, using my finger to evenly distribute my lipstick, "what do you want?"

he laughs, "wow thanks for the love. im kidding, but i wanted to know if you want to join the boys and i for a swim?"

"im going out with megan, but thanks for the offer" i tell my brother, watching his eyes roll as he walks out of my bedroom.

finally i had finished getting ready, so i got my shoes on and headed downstairs with my phone in hand. i grabbed my bag off of the door handle of the post of the staircase, and said a quick goodbye to the boys.

"bye nate, love you" i said, hugging nate from behind, completely scaring him.

"im mad at you, but i love you too" he hugs me back quickly, allowing me to release from his hold.

"bye guys, see you later!" i yell to the rest of the boys, walking out of my home and to my car.

i drive out of the driveway moments later, going straight to megan's house.

while in the car with megan, she turns down the music and then off.

"so listen" she sternly says, "what's going on with jack?"

"gilinsky?" i surprisingly ask.

she nods, "you obviously like him, and he does like you. no guy would ever pass up the opportunity of you anyway, so what's going on?"

"no, meg" i tell her, "gilinsky and i.. we're best friends. nothing more, nothing less. he's like my brother. and besides, i can't take him up on any dating offer anyway, since him and nate are bros."

"im gonna talk to jack, because you guys have to date" she says nonchalantly.

i laugh, "okay, do it."