0.6

edited
friday, september 4
victoria maloley

as i woke up quite lazy, still a little groggy, i was kind of excited for the day ahead of me. thankfully, my life is already beginning to be set in place, as i did graduate and am not going back to school this year.

essentially, i have decided to take a year off and gather my thoughts before signing up for something i don't want to do. so, hopefully, that will help with my final decision about school.

as i was debating getting up, or staying put in bed and  going back to sleep, loud yelling was heard from the floor below me.

obviously the boys were awake.

in my head i groaned, and got up from my cozy position in bed. my phone buzzed, but i ignored it and went into the nearby washroom. in the washroom, i did the usual morning essential things that either every girl does, or every human, does. i brushed my teeth, brushed my hair, applied some deodorant, and then put my hair into a ponytail. when i stepped out of the washroom and went back to my room, i put on a bra and then re-adjusted my shirt.

when all is done, i make my way to the main floor where all the noise is. as im halfway down the stairs, i hear female voices which cause me to run back upstairs- quietly and carefully- and change different clothing items. no doubt about it, my current clothing is perfectly okay for people who truly know me to see me in. but if im meeting someone, or more than one person, who i have yet to ever meet in my life.. i'd rather not look like i don't care.

i change out of my brother's tour t-shirt, and put on a tank top that is semi-cropped, but not full blown cropped. then i take off my plaid pajama pants, and switch it out for a pair of leggings. maybe this will just be my outfit for today?

what felt like only minutes later, i made my way back to the stairwell and walked downstairs. as i approached the bottom, i see two female figures standing with all boys except for one.

my mind is kind of shocked that this specific boy isn't standing or sitting with his group, because of the type of guy he is. i got down to the landing and walked the last two stairs, when my brother's attention was on me.

"morning victoria" he says happily, causing the two females' heads to snap my way.

"morning" i say with some cheer, but also some annoyance. then, i grab a water bottle and head out to the pool to sit down. as i was walking, i heard nate say to, probably the girls, "that's my sister."

when i get outside, the boy who isn't with the group is sitting outside in my usual spot.

"you're in my spot" i state, faintly smiling, but also giggling.

"too bad" he smirks and his attention diverts back to his phone.

loudly, i groan in annoyance, "can you please move? i would like to sit here."

"if you want to sit here, then sit on my lap" he says, his eyebrow raising, as well as his cockiness.

"fine" i state, sitting down on his lap and opening my bottle of water. he clears his throat, which causes me to turn my head to him, "what?"

"you're gorgeous" is all he says, tucking a piece of stray hair behind my- now exposed- ear.

i smile lightly at him, "thank you. but, what made you suddenly tell me that?"

he laughs dryly, "i've always thought it. i guess i just never had any courage to tell you."

"you should've told me. but i mean, i've never told you how fucking hot you are. so we're both in the wrong, i guess" i say, "but you're hot, by the way."

"am i now?" he cockily asks, his ego growing.

my heads shakes side to side, "your ego's ugly."

"well, its apart of the package, baby" he laughs, "where's your brother?"

"in there with the guys and those girls" i roll my eyes at the end, causing him to chuckle and kiss the top of my head.

"jealous?" he asks me, causing me to shake my head.

"i have no reason to be jealous because you're not in there with them" i admit to him, looking around the yard.

when i turn my head back to him, i see his beautiful smile, "good, you have absolutely no reason to be jealous of anyone. you're outright perfect, victoria maloley."

"thank you, seriously. but really, why aren't you in there?" i ask curiously, trying to hide my heated cheeks.

"i knew you were asleep, and i kind of just wanted to be away from those girls who were flaunting themselves. they don't attract me like you do, so i didn't want to be in there" he explains, "you were on my mind and i didn't want them to ruin that. plus, they're annoying as hell."

after his explanation to being out by the pool, him and i just stared in each other's eyes. he makes me so happy, and causes me to somehow smile whenever im around him.

"im also really loving this outfit on you" he comments, causing me to blush again. i lay my head on his chest, as he plays with my fingers.

"hey, would you ever consider staying in omaha for longer, or are you going back to la?" i don't look at him, i just stare at the nature upon me.

he is silent for a few moments before responding, "i'd only stay in omaha for longer if i had a reason to. if, let's say, you and i became something more than what we are. or if i found love with any girl who lived here, then of course i would. i'd want to make you, or anyone for that matter, happy."

"would you want you and i to become more?" i curiously ask him, fixing myself so im now straddling his lap and we're looking at each other face-to-face.

"of course i would. i've thought about it since when i met you. it's just—"

"nate" i finish his sentence, as my head falls slightly. but only for him to pick it up by elevating it with his hand.

he stares at me for a moment before snapping me into reality, "look victoria, just because he's your brother, doesn't mean we have to just be friends. why don't we just start getting a little closer, seeing how he reacts? if he reacts fine, we go for it. if he reacts bad, we still go for it?"

would it really be a good idea for me to jump into a relationship with one of my brother's best friends no matter what his reaction is? that's what's causing me to feel uneasy about this.

"are you sure? what if he forbids me to see you or something?" i timidly ask, looking down at my hands.

"look at me, victoria. i've liked you for so long" he states, "no matter what, i'll go for you. whatever he says doesn't mean anything to me, because he can't keep us apart."

"fine.. let's do it" i smile, wrapping my arms around his neck and then i peck his lips.

we both smile at each other, while his hands now rest on my lower back.

this is going to be a wild adventure...

• • • • •

hey loves!

do you have any guesses as to who victoria was having that romantic conversation with???

anyway! i hope you all are enjoying the story, i know im enjoying writing it.. thank you for all your reads & votes, it means a lot. if you guys ever want to talk (by the way), feel free to pm me any time!!

talk to you / see you in the next chapter!

becca:)