2.6

edited
monday, august 1
jack gilinsky

i was back to where it all started.

my mind was essentially a mess. it was fucked up. my life was fucked.

"can you two just date again, please?" nate groans, pulling at his hair, "im sick of seeing you all depressed and shit."

johnson and sammy laugh.

"bro, just fuckin' ask her out again. you guys need to get married!" sammy exclaims, "obviously this is fate, man. look at me and megan, we didn't work out. but you and vic are meant to be!"

the three of us look at sammy with raised eyebrows. he scans the room and looks at each of our faces.

"hey, the married and divorced life changes you" he shrugs it off and sips his coffee.

johnson and nate nod.

"he's right, g" johnson says, "you were with karoline and that ship sailed from the minute you saw vic again. and she broke up with derek since he was a dick. so this is kind of a sign you guys are supposed to be!"

their words are making sense, but i have no idea how victoria would react if i were to bring this up to her.

maybe nate, sammy or johnson would have to.

"what if one of you bring it up to her?" i suggest, "maybe then she'd take it a little more serious."

• • •

i was chilling at home, not really doing much. music was blasting throughout the home and all good vibes were circulating.

over the loud music, i hear a few knocks on the door. after pausing the music, i make my way to open the door. and behind it was victoria.

"hey" she smiles softly.

i return the smile, "hey."

obviously i have manners, so i let her come inside.

"can we.. uh, talk?" she asks me awkwardly.

as a response, i nod. i sit on the chair, as she sits on the couch and faces me.

"so.. sammy talked to me today" she begins, "about two hours ago, actually. uh, he said some things that really got me thinking. so i my instincts got the best of me, and here i am."

my mind is running wild with thoughts of what she's going to say next.

"what did he say to you?"

"he said how as a previously married man, he knows what true love is. he said how when he saw us together, we showed him what true love is. then he started saying a bunch of crap that i didn't really listen to. but the reason im here isn't because of that, it's because he said that karoline apparently told him how envious she was of me.

she apparently saw that i was everything you ever said you wanted in a girl. it made me realize that derek never said that about me, but you always told me that. you always told me that i was what you always looked for. and truth is, you're the guy i always have looked for." victoria finishes speaking, looking at me with hope.

as i remain mute, i transfer myself from the chair to the couch. i sit myself beside her.

"you're the one that i want" i state, "you always have been."

our eyes lock for a sliver of a second, the next thing occurring is something highly anticipated. both of our lips moved in sync. we knew that this is what we wanted, just no one wanted to admit it.

after a few minutes of rekindling our love, we pull away. she embraces me with her arms wrapped tightly around my neck, as my arms are tightly around her small frame.

"i missed having you in my life" she mumbles loud enough for me to hear.

"i was never really gone, baby."