1.3

edited
tuesday, october 11
jack gilinsky

her face displayed the emotions circulating inside of her — betrayal and sadness.

"victor–" nate began calling out for her, as she shook her head.

"im happy for you guys.. im so proud and happy for you guys" she manages to speak, portraying a happy and positive attitude.

she stands up from the couch, taking each of us into her hold one-by-one. nate's first, then sammy, then johnson and then me. as victoria is hugging me, the boys look at me. we all know she must be lying and hiding her true feelings towards the current situation. i even faked being happy so she wouldn't be as sad!

"are you sure you're okay with this, vic?" johnson proceeds to ask her.

"of course i am. you guys are my best friends, my brother and my boyfriend .. i have to be happy for you guys" she smiles at us, taking all of her hair into a ponytail.

victoria walks away and goes upstairs, only shortly after coming back downstairs with earphones and her phone.

"im going on a run. i'll see you all later" victoria says, none of us saying anything. we all nod, as she leaves the home.

nate looks at us, "stress relief remedy."

"ohh!" johnson and sammy both loudly say in unison.

i remain quiet, re-thinking my decision of doing this. like, is it right for me to do this? im her boyfriend, and i should be here for her whenever she needs me.

"aye g, you good?" johnson asks me, laying his hand on my shoulder.

looking over at him slightly, i nod.

nate calls me, "bro come outside man.. i want to talk to you."

we go outside, and nate immediately begins to talk when the door is closed.

"i want you to convince her to come with us" he states.

my eyes grow wide, "really?"

nate nods, "she's my sister and i love her. her being with us, it'll keep you from being a suck, and it'll keep me from being a suck with you."

"what if she doesn't say yes?" i ponder, not really asking nate, but just stating it in general.

"then that's her decision" he thins his lips into a line, "but the least you can do is ask."

• •

it's been about an hour, and now victoria is back at the house. the three boys went out shortly after she got back, allowing her and i to talk one on one.

"hey baby?" i speak up. victoria looks at me sadly, soon putting on a smile.

"yeah?" she asks, shifting on my lap.

i intake air, before releasing it and speaking.

while i talk, my hand runs up and down her thigh. "um, you know how the boys and i are going away .. we want you to come with us."

"you guys want me to go with you on tour?" she asks, her eyes quite wide.

"yeah. it's either you come with us, or i stay back and stay with you" i explain.

"jack, im not going on tour with you guys. that's your guys' event with people who cherish you all. im not coming, and you are not staying back with me" victoria sternly rambles.

i shake my head, "no.. it's either one or the other, baby. no other option."

"im choosing no other option, instead of those two" she smirks, "i don't care what you say. im not coming and you're not missing it."

"victoria please.. i don't want to leave you upset, and i don't want you to be miserable here by yourself!" my voice begins to raise in volume.

within seconds, victoria is on her feet.

"listen babe, i love you. i love you very much, but this is not something that im willing to fight with you over. i think you should go on tour, leaving me here, so you can have time with your boys and the others who love you. don't take away their moment and stay here with me, that's unfair. there will be times where you can travel back here, maybe? you'll no doubt have shows in la.. just please jack, don't make me choose between going or staying with you. i want you to be happy, and i know you're happiest when doing what you love with your boys" victoria tells me, tears developing in her beautiful eyes.

for a few moments, im silent. i don't really know how to respond to her. for the first time, she's shocked me with words. usually looking at her makes me speechless, but this time, it's that and her words combined. it's unbelievable.

finally a muster up a response.

"i love you, too, baby. and that's why i want you to come with us, or allow me to stay with you here. what's the point in doing what i love, if i don't have my number one with me? you don't understand how happy you make me. just waking up and seeing you, i know my day is so much better because you're beside me. the way i can snuggle with you in the morning, or wake up to you straddling me. if i make you a meal, your hands hug my waist tightly. everything you do makes me happy, and i don't know how i'd be able to do what i love without the person i love the most."

victoria wipes a tear from her cheek, as i stand to embrace her. as my arms are securely around her waist, and her arms are tightly wrapped around my neck, i hear sniffles from her.

"please don't cry" i mumble into her hair, tapping her thighs to indicate i want her to jump. she does as i instruct, as i hold her upper thighs.

as her breathing becomes regular once again, she pulls herself back so she is able to look into my eyes. i sit her down on the island counter, as i place myself between her legs and keep my hands on her thighs. her hands travel to my hair, playing with it consistently.

"you know how to get me to cry" she chuckles, "but if im your number one, then listen to me when i say that i don't want to come between you and your career."

"you not coming is getting between me and my career, victoria" i state.

"how so?" she furrows her eyebrows.

before explaining, i sigh. "i already told you, you're my number one. without you there, i'll mess up or i won't be the best i can be. that's getting between my career and i."

"go on the tour without me, and after five shows, if you really want me there then i'll consider coming and meeting you in another city" victoria says, bringing her hands to my cheeks, "okay?"

do i go along with this? or do i still fight for her to come?

"three shows, not five" i reason with her.

"deal" she responds after a moment, "i love you."

i lower her by gently pulling her neck to me, as our lips press together.

this is my girl.