Chapter 10

Memorie's P.O.V.

I feel someone moving next to me when all of a sudden.....

"Ouch." Austin got up and found me on the floor.

"Are you okay Memorie?"

"Yeah, I'm okay. I just have a cut on my leg."

"I'll be right back." He jumped out of bed and he went to the bathroom to grab the first aid kit. He came back and I saw him grab the alcohol. I grabbed his hand in confusion.

"What the hell are you doing with that?" I said.

"Don't worry. It'll just sting a little."

"A little!? Austin, I can't stand the feeling of the alcohol on me or the smell. It really burns my skin! When I mean by that, I mean I start to yell because of the pain!"

"Calm down babe. Just hold on to my shirt. Scream if you want to." He opened the cap of the alcohol and he poured some on a cotton ball.

"Be ready." Austin said. He put the cotton ball on my cut. It stung so bad that I literally bit my own tongue.

"All done babe." He put a band aid on my cut and I fell back to the bed. It was so painful I couldn't even move my leg.

"So, since we're awake... Do you wanna have breakfast?" I asked.

"Yeah. Let's go see if there's enough pizza left for both of us."

"Okay." We hop off of the bed and go downstairs. Before I took a step to the stairs, Austin lifted me up bridal style all the way to the kitchen.

"Thank you, my prince." I bowed.

"No problem, princess." He said kissing my cheek.

"So, is there any pizza?" I asked.

"Actually yes! Four slices. Two slices for us."

"What about your mom?"

"She went to work."

"Oh yeah. I forgot." We dug into our breakfast, or we should say brunch, and we went outside to relax in the pool.

"Uhhmm, Austin?"

"Yeah?"

"I don't have shorts to wear."

"Let's go inside and find some." We ran upstairs to his room, again.

I sat on his bed when I got a call from my softball coach.

Phone conversation

"Hello?"

"Good news Mems!"

"Is it about the team we're playing?" I asked excited.

"Yes. That team forfeit. They actually called me this morning saying they couldn't play us. Their team said you guys are too good."

"Chickens."

"Well, talk to you later Memorie! I'll tell you later about the banquet."

"K bye."

End of conversation

"Yes!"

"What was that all about?" Austin said handing me a pair of shorts.

"My coach just called me and said that the team we were supposed to play at Miami forfeit. They didn't want to play us."

"That's amazing Mems!"

"I'm gonna go put on these shorts."

"Okay. I'll wait." I walked into his bathroom and locked it behind me. I took off my jeans and my shirt. I had another shirt on. I pulled up the shorts and picked up my hair into a fish tail braid.