Chapter 11

Austin's P.O.V.

"Babe! Stay with me! Stay awake. Please." I said holding her. I have never cried this hard for someone I love. She was still breathing but she wouldn't open her eyes.

"Please, don't die on me." I whispered. I felt a tap on my shoulder and it's Robert.

The paramedics took Memorie from me and drove her to the hospital along with Alex.

"Let's go follow them, bro." We walked to my car and Zach decided to drive. We drove for about 45 minutes to the hospital. I had red puffy eyes, a runny nose, and a headache.

We hopped off of my car and went inside. When we walked in, I saw Mr. Johnson mad.

"Sir I could explain. Memorie jumped-"

"I don't want to hear it, Austin. You said you would protect her."

"But sir, she-"

"I thought I trusted you. I'm afraid you can't see her anymore. I don't want her to get hurt in any way." He just left me there standing alone in the waiting area. I look down and I tried to hold in my tears.

"Austin? Is it true? You... didn't protect her?"

"Derrick, she jumped right in front of me. I swear. He took out the gun and she jumped in front. Why won't your dad let me explain. I'm not that kind of guy to just let her die." My voice cracked.

"I believe you, bro. He's just mad that Justin shot her. He doesn't want her to die just like our mom."

"I love her, Derrick. She's my everything. My world. I would do anything just to see her smile. I can't live without her. The first time I met her, I knew we had sparks. I know it's cheesy but, when I see her, I feel butterflies in my stomach. Just.... tell your dad that I'm sorry. I'll leave her alone."

"Don't do this Austin. If you love her, you would stay with her by her side. Praying that she will be okay." He's right. I wouldn't eat, sleep, or do anything. I'll stay by her side until she's okay to go home.

"Where is she?" I asked.

"Follow me." We went towards the elevator along with Robert and Zach. We waited to the fourth floor and went to the front desk.

"Any information on Memorie Janelle Johnson?" Derrick asks.

"She is in critical condition. She has her right wrist fractured, her nose broken, cuts everywhere in her body, and a broken neck. Since the shot hit her left lung, she might have trouble breathing for awhile." The nurse said.

I sighed in frustration. She's real hurt. Why did it happen to her? It should've happened to me, not her. I see Mr. Johnson in the waiting area. I walk up to him and he looks at me.

"Mr. Johnson? Can I please explain to you what happened?" He looked up and didn't answer.

"C'mon dad. He explained it to me. Just give him a chance."

"No! He didn't protect her like he promised to!"

"Sir, just please hear me out." I said.

"Dad, please. It's all true what he's going to say."

He hesitated for a moment.

"Fine. Explain."

"When I was chasing him to town, his car flipped, he came out and when I looked to my right, I see Alex and Memorie escaping. I told them to run. I follow behind them and right behind me is Justin running with a gun. The cops stops us and Memorie and Alex hopped in.I didn't hop in because I wanted to beat the shit out of Justin. He pulled out the gun and point it towards me. When he pulled the trigger, Memorie jumped in front and took the shot. What I'm trying to say is, instead of me trying to protect her and save her life, she wanted to take her life for me. She didn't want me hurt. I didn't want her to do this. I told her to stay in the car, but she didn't."