Chapter 23

Memorie's P.O.V.

It was sunday morning when Alex called me. "Yes Alex? I'm in the middle of sleeping here."

"I'm sorry. I called you because...Jasmine called me."

"Did you answer her?"

"Yes and no."

"What?"

"Yes and no because I answered it and she was calling to talk to you. And no because I hung up on her."

"Oh okay. Come over in an hour. I need to talk to you too."

"Alright. Bye." I turned off my phone. I ogt up from bed and headed to the shower. I turned on the shower and stripped off my clothes. I step into the shower and wash my hair and body.

After my shower, I picked out some black jeans and a All Time Low shirt. I let my hair loose and waited for it to be dried. I put on my blue vans and went downstairs to eat breakfast.

I saw my dad making bacon and eggs and Derrick doing work. "Morning guys! And happy thanksgiving."

"Same too you sis."

"Happy thanksgiving, mija. Both of you are all grown up. Mom would be very proud."

"We know, Alex is coming over in twenty minutes."

"Okay. Sit down and eat, then." I sat down and dad put a plate full of food.

"Grandma and grandpa are coming in three hours."

"Are uncle Steve and aunt Mandy coming?"

"Yes. But not until later." I finished my eggs and bacon and set the plate in the dishwasher. I went upstairs and sat on my rolling chair.

I grabbed some paper and pencils. I set them on the desk and started drawing. I put my IPhone on the speaker and started playing Amnesia by 5 seconds of summer. (Calum is my bae!!)

Derrick walked into my room and stared at my drawing. "Who are you drawing?"

"I really don't know. So, what brings you in my cave? Haha."

"I just came here to tell you that Alex is here."

"Bring him up here." He left my room ad I turned my chair to face my window. I heard a faint knock and I said, "Come in." The door opened and I turned my chair around and looked at him. "I've been expecting you."

"Okay?"

"Please sit." He sits on my bed and looks at his hands.

"Are you still mad at Austin?" He asks.

"Yeah. Do you still hate Jasmine?"

"Yeah."

"Look, she doesn't know how great of a guy you are. If I was going out with you, I would never break up wit you. You know why?"

"Why?"

"You are the best guy I've ever met. I've seen how you treat her. You treat her like you wanted to marry her and have children."

"I've been thinking about that a lot."

"She missed out on so much!" I yell sarcastically. He laughs and hugs me.

"You really know how to make me smile and feel better Mems. That's what I'm thankful for; having the best friend in the world."

"Me too. Now, let's play Call of Duty!" I set up my Xbox in my room and grabbed the video game from my desk. Alex set the game up and his phone rang.