Cole's P.O.V

It's September 30th and me and Novia haven't uttered a word to each other. We give each other those 'I want you' looks in class but that's about it. Her birthday is in 2 days and I plan on manning up and getting back what's mine. I was walking out of Geometry when I see Joanie. I be ducking and dodging that girl. "Cole!" She calls and I speed up on my pace but she puts her hand on my shoulder. The words of Kyrie pop into my head: 'Eww! Stupid hoe touching me.' I don't call too many girls out their name but this chick here is certified. "I heard you and what's her face was having some troubles. Want me to make it better?" She says. "No, thank you. I have to get to class." I say and struggle to unravel her from me. "Aww, come on. One little kiss can make it better." She says and leans in.  As I'm pushing her, her head gets snatched back. "You see him? Look at him! He looks good, doesn't he? But guess what. He's mine! And if you even think his name ... I. Will. Fuck. You. Up!" Kyrie says and then muffs Joanie before turning to me. "I don't give a shit how mad we are at each other. You're mine and mine only. Got it?" "Got it." I say and almost faint when Kyrie places her lips on my cheek. "I'm coming over your house today. So be ready." She says as she walks away. I smile and go back to class. "Ooh! He got a little something, something!" Santos says when I walk in, smiling. I shoot him the bird and laugh before sliding in my seat.

*3:00 p.m. Cole's house*

"You and Kyrie talking yet?" Kel asks when I come downstairs. "Not really. She's coming over, though." "You fucked up!" "Oh! Thank you for reminding me, jackass!" I say and go upstairs. As soon as I finish getting dressed, there's a knock on my door. "Come in." I say and the door swings open. "Nov-." I start to say but I'm pushed against the wall and Kyrie's lips are placed on mine. 'Thank you, Jesus!' I think as I grab her waist and pull her closer to me. Y'all don't understand! I've been fiending for this feeling. A few minutes go by before Kyrie pulls away. "Got that off my chest. Now let's get down to the nitty-gritty." She says and sits on the futon. Silence engulfed the room before I say, "You probably don't wanna hear it but I'm so sorry! How I acted was uncaused for and I feel like a total dumbass." "I agree." She says but when I look at her, she has a smile on her lips and a playful look in her eyes. "I'm not really mad at you anymore. I'm hurt, though. To know that you thought I cheated on you rips me apart. Why would that be the first thing to come to mind?" Kyrie says and I swallow back the lump in my throat. She's crying because of me. Something that I never wanted to cause. "What the message said was sexual and it was your Facebook. But that's not an excuse for me not listening to you." I say. Long as the fuck pause. "Remember when I asked you about your exes?" "Yea." "And do you remember how you told me how foul they were and how wrong they treated you?" "Yea." "Do you remember when I said ... when I said that I'd never do anything to hurt you. That'd I'd always be here for you when you need me and even if you don't, I'll still be in reach?" "You know I do." I say and move closer to her. "But do you remember saying that you believe me and you trust me?" She asks, voice thick with tears. I nod. "Then what the fuck was going through your head? Do you not trust me? Do you have trust issues?" "No, no, no. I trust you and I don't have trust issues. I can't picture a world without you but I don't wanna be hurt again. And I vowed to myself that I'd leave before I let another girl use me. So when I saw the message, I guess I let my past experiences get the best of me and I took it out on you. Which was wrong of me." I say and cup her cheeks and wipe the tears flowing down her face. She looks at me and says, "I'm still mad at you. And I need you to promise me something." "What is it?" "Don't ever ignore me or push me away like you did. I know that we're gonna have our moments but I don't want that to ruin the bond that we've created. And continue to build." "I promise." "I'm serious, Cole. Cause you know I'd go to hell or jail for you. But I can't if you distance yourself from me." "I promise, I won't. And you know I'd do the same for you. I'm so so so sorry for how I acted towards you." I say and stand in between her legs. "I guess I wasn't any better." She replies and leans up to kiss me. I smile against her lips and pull as close as I can. She wraps her arms around my neck and hums quietly. I grip her waist and start to lift her up. "Oh damn! Oh damn! Oh damn!" She yells and I laugh. "Put me down, Mr. Jackson." She says. "Now, Ms. Johnson don't be absurd. I wouldn't wanna do that." I say and she huffs and crosses her arms across her chest. "I don't care how cute you look right now. I'm not letting you down." I say. "Fine! Take me downstairs." She says and I heist her up onto my waist more before walking out the room and down to the kitchen. "Sour or regular?" "Regular." I reply and she pulls out 2 Bomb Pops. "I don't like you." She says as she places the popsicle to my lips. "Whatever." I reply and bite down. We stand there, eating ice cream, getting on each other's nerve. The norm. And I fucking love it! This is what I live for.