Cole's P.O.V (Final Basketball Game)

"Bemidji or Crookston?" Novia asks. "The final game is in Crookston." I reply as I pace my hotel room. "And it's tomorrow at 7?" "Yea." "Ok. We're packed up. We're just waiting for your punk ass sisters to get dressed and we'll be leaving. I'll call you when we get to our hotel." "Alright. Love you." "Love you too. I'll holla." Kyrie says and I hang up. As soon as I do, there's a knock on my door. "We finna go to 5 Guys. You down?" Dante asks. "Yea. I'll be down in a minute." I reply and slide into my shoes. Tomorrow is the last game of the year. My team has played some serious hoopers but we've come out as winners each time. Tomorrow we go against the Crookston Pirates. 2 words. Fucking savages! I grab my key and phone before walking out. The bus was waiting for me. "Yo, Jackson! You gone bring us to victory tomorrow, right?!" Loc says when I get on. "Niggah! That's what I do!" I reply. I slide into the very last seat and put my headphones in. I put 'I'm the Man' by Aloe Blacc on repeat.

*2 hours later*

"Alright, team! Time to go back to your rooms. Y'all asses need to be up and ready by 7 a.m. Practice at 8, lunch from 12 to 2, practice from 2:30 to 4. And then I'd take a nap if I were y'all. Cause we're on the bus at 6:30." Coach says and we all nod before walking off. When I get to my room, I pack my bag with my uniform, an extra set of workout clothes and an outfit for the after party. I send Novia a text before going to get in the shower.

If you call or text me and I don't answer, I'm in the shower or went to bed. But I'll see you tomorrow. <3

*20 minutes later*

Aye, in my apartment a long time ago, I knew a bad bihh but she was kinda slow. Still gave it up when it was a few of us.

When I step out the tub, I hear 'Memories back Then' playing. I walk out and see my girlfriend dancing around the room. "Excuse me. Chipmunk?" I say and she looks at me. "Yas?" "What are you doing here? You know coach said our spouses couldn't be in our rooms." "Well, Azendra and Raven's room got double booked at our hotel so they're staying here. And that's a lie because Santiago is with Tray in his room, Dante is with Daisy in his room and Keion is with Nadie in his. So I'm gonna be with my boyfriend in his room." She says and goes back to what she was doing. I pull on a pair of shorts and wrap my arms around her. "Yo, do you remember our monthly anniversaries? That shit seem so long ago." She says and I laugh. "True. But we got 2 more months and it'll be one year that we've been together." "I know. I ain't gone lie, its been a struggle." "Swear! Shit may have seemed sweet but looks can be deceiving." "Hell yea. But the surprise I have for you is gonna be so ill! At least I think so. Hahaha." "I can't wait to see it." I say and pull her over to the window. It was like 10 and we just sat there, swaying. Not saying anything. I haven't really seen Kyrie in like 2 months. But she came to all my games. We just haven't had the chance to chill like this in a minute. "Marshmallow?" "Yo." "What is life?" "Ball is life." She says and we Bol. "I had a feeling you were gonna say that." "I couldn't help it." Novia replies while still laughing. "But on a serious note. What is life to you?" "Life is surrounding yourself with positive vibes. Being with the people you love and the ones that bring the best out of you. Life is striving for success and never giving up. Life is enjoying the time you have and not regretting anything. Life is you." She says and goes into her bag. She pulls out a notebook. "Read the third page before the after party." She says and tucks it under the pillow. I lean forward and kiss her cheek. "I gotta go. Tell Zeny and Rae I'll be here to get them at 10. I'll be to the gym at 11:30. Have a good day tomorrow. And good luck on your game." She says and kisses me. "I love you." "I love you too." I reply and walk her out to her car. She waves as she drives off.

*6:00 p.m. Game Day.*

"Aight, motherfuckers! Y'all ready to take this shit home?!" I yell as me and the boys pack up. "Fuck yea! We've come a long way. But that thug living got us through." Tray says and we all cheer. I zip up my jacket and swing my bag over my shoulder, walking outside to the bus. "Coke!" I hear. I look over to see Mr. and Mrs. Williams. "Hey, y'all." I say as Mrs. Williams pulls me into a hug. "We came to wish you good luck." "And to warn you that we're in the front row." Mr. Williams said and looked at his wife. I laugh and hug them. "Thanks. And can you please stop calling me Coke, mom." I say and she nods before kissing my cheek. "Yea ... He's right here ... Why the hell didn't you call him? ... I don't give a damn ... Cole!" Tray says and hands me his phone. "Love you, brother!" Zeny and Ray yell. I laugh while saying, "Love y'all too." "We hope you and Tray fuck shit up out there on the court." "So do we. Thanks, y'all." "Welcome. By the way, Kyrie wants to talk to you." Ray says and then I hear, "I don't wanna talk to that niggah!" I'm ctfu! "What I do, Marshmallow?" I ask and then there's a lot of shuffling and a scream. "Shut the fuck up! Hello?" Kyrie says. "Everything aight?" "Yea, but your sisters are gonna be missing people in a minute. Anyway, I hope you have a good game. Even if y'all don't win, y'all got mad heart and have come a long way." "Thanks, beautiful. We finna load up. Are y'all leaving yet?" "The girls are. I'm gonna be a little late. I gotta do a couple things. I'll be there for the second quarter on down." "Ok. Well, I'll see you later. We gone turn up at the party?" "We wouldn't be Koley if we didn't." "Haha. True. Aight, I'm gone." "Ok. Love you." "Love you too." She says and we hang up. I hand Tray his phone back. "Y'all running out my damn battery. Cakin' it and shit!" He says. "Aye, I didn't call my bae and my bae didn't call me. Blame your punk ass sisters." I say and he laughs. "Alright! File in. We outta here in 10 minutes." Coach says and we get on the bus. "Eww! They look like Lucifer and death." Dante says as he looks out the window. We all do the same and see Truce and Joanie. They wanna be a Koley couple so bad. I find it amusing that the same people they hate are they ones they envy. We all laugh when Truce get on the bus.