Kyrie's P.O.V (Christmas)

"Baby, get up. We gotta get ready." I hear and roll over. "Where are we going?" "Church. Duh!" Cole says. "I don't do church." I say and get up to grab his suit from the closet. "Are you an atheist?" He asks. "Of course not. But I don't like being in a giant building full of hypocritical 'Christians'. Besides, I believe that my body is my church. Therefore, I practice the word on my own." I say as I iron his pants. "Oh ok. That's understandable." He says and walks out the room. "Mona Lisa, can you zip this up?" My mom says as she walks into my room. I zip the dress up and go back to what I was doing. "You sure you don't wanna go with us today?" She asks. "Nah. I'm gonna clean up and stuff but tell Pastor Ingram I said Merry Christmas." I say and she nods before walking out. "Kyrie, does thi-." "No." I say. Azendra was gonna ask about her dress that is always skimpy. "You didn't even look." She whines. "You've been asking me every year since 6th grade if your dress is too short or something and each year, I say yes. What makes this year different?" "Look and you'll find out." She says and I look up. Zeny had on a pair of black slacks, a cream colored blouse and matching red bottoms. "Ok. You killing it." I say and she smiles before walking out. "Mr. Jackson, come grab your pants and shirt." I say and Cole flies out the bathroom. "You sure you're gonna be ok? That voice is barely audible." He says once he finished getting dressed. "I'll be fine. Now, go get the word." I say and start to put everything up. "Nah, I'm gonna stay here." "Uh, no you're not. Cole, I can't keep letting you cancel plans and stuff because of me. I'll be fine by myself, kid. I'm good and you need to learn to accept that." I say. "I know but I just worry about you. I don't want to see you in any harm and-." "Cole, stop. I'm fine. You don't need to put so much stress on yourself worrying about things that you can't control. Worry about that tournament coming up and you bringing your team to victory. Now, get your handsome tail downstairs and get the word like you do." I say and kiss him before pushing him out the room. I can't stand that Cole worries about me so much. That's supposed to be my job. I sigh before walking out my room. Me, Dre and Cole got a little weird last night. Living room is a mess. My mom cussed us out for 10 minutes! Fse!

Silent night. Holy night. All is calm. All is bright. Round yon virgin Mother and Child. Holy infant, so tender and mild.

'Silent Night' by the Temptations sounded from the radio as I swept and mopped and stuff. I can't even sing like I want to. My voice is damn near gone. "Damn!" I say as I remember that I need to pick up my parents' Christmas present. I slide into some jogging pants and my boots before going out to my car.

*An hour later*

"No, I ordered both necklaces last month. The manager told me that they would be in on the 15th and I told him that I'd be here to pick them up on the 24th." I say to the clerk at Zale's. "Well, I can't find the order. You'll have to reorder them." He says. "I don't think you understand. I spent over $2,000 on my parents' Christmas gifts and they are gonna receive them today. Or someone is gonna die." I say. It's cold, it's Christmas and my family is gonna be home in a couple hours. "Ma'am, calm down." He says. "You know what? Lemme talk to Danny." I say and the clerk goes to the back. "Kush, what you doing here, girl?" I hear and turn to see Dante. "I'm trying to get my parents' presents but they on fuckery here." I say and clear my throat. "You should be at the crib. Your voice is scratchy. You got that scratchy shit." He says and I start laughing. "Fuck boy." I say and he laughs before walking off. "Excuse me?" "Yes?" "I'm Danny." "Oh great! I'm Kyrie. I called a couple weeks ago about the necklace set." I say. "Yea, I remember. What seems to be the problem?" "One of your employees are telling me that the set did not come in and I would have to reorder them. That's not gonna work for me." I say, frustration level getting high as hell. "Let me go check the orders in the back." Danny says and I nod. My phone starts ringing. "Hello?" "Where you at?" "The mall. What's up?" "Your mom is scoping out the presents." "Shit! Make sure she opens that big one. And one of my dad's presents is on the shelf in the hallway closet." "Aight. I miss you." "Haha. I miss you too. I should be home in 30 minutes or so. I love you." "I love you too." Cole says and hangs up. "Ms. Johnson? Here you go." I turn around and 2 boxes are placed in my hands. "Thank you so much!" "No problem. Merry Christmas." "Merry Christmas to you too." I say and walk out. I ain't got on no sorta coat and it's starting to flurry. But I'm an OG.

*2 hours later*

"Marshmallow. Marshmallow. Marshmallow." Cole sings as he pokes my sides while I'm trying to drink my damn tea. "What?" "Lemme take care of you." "I'm fine." I say and walk out the kitchen. "No, you're not. Let the boy spoil you." My mom says and everybody throws their hands up in the air like they were thinking the same thing. "Fine." I say and pull him to the couch before laying on his chest. "So I'm nosey and I've been hearing you say that you got some presents. Bust 'em out." My mom says. "That big one is yours." I say and she reaches to grab it. "Aye! I love it. It's going in my office." She says. I took one of her poems and a few pictures of everyone and got them put in a collage before laminating it. "Footz! I love it." She says and kisses my cheek. I smile and bury my face in Cole's chest. I listen as everyone opens their presents. "Krissy, you don't wanna open up yours?" Dre asks. "Nah, I'll do it later." I respond and with that, my face is in the crook of Cole's neck. "If I ask this question, you gone tell me yes?" He whispers and I chuckle. "If I ask you this question, you gone tell me yes." I reply and he kisses my forehead. I latch onto his neck and fall asleep.b