Kyrie's P. O. V

Dammit! I hate this time of month. I was in the bathroom, brushing my teeth when the smell of cinnamon rolls filled my nose. "Come on!" I mumble. Yea, so in case y'all are confused ... when Mother Nature comes, I have an insatiable appetite. It sucks cause I have to stay in motion to lose as many calories as I put in during the day. Luckily, it took no time for Cole to realize what was happening. So he makes sure I have something to eat and drink in class. He's a sweetheart! I love him really much! (My Watermelondrea voice.) "Thea!" "Yea?" "Grab a jacket! It's raining." Tray says. I go back into my room and slide into a black tank top and my Tupac hoodie. Instead of wearing my half a heart necklace, I decided to wear my gold key. Just as I slid into my boots, Cole comes walking in. He had on his black suit. Y'all don't know the half! When he gets dressed up, he puts niggahs to shame! "Basketball meeting after school?" I ask. "Yea. But I'm finna slide to the store. Anything in particular that you want?" "Nah. It doesn't matter what you get." "Ok. I'll meet y'all at school." He says and kisses me before walking out. I grab my bag, phone and keys and walk to the kitchen. "Good morning, family." I say as I see my parents, Tray and Santos sitting at the table. "Good morning." They reply. "Terrence, you think we still gone have to sing after school today?" I ask. "Probably." He replies. I grab another cinnamon roll while saying, "Bye, mom! Bye, dad!" I run out to the car. Tray slides into the passenger's seat. "I thought you were riding with Santos." "He said he had to stop by his house, real quick." He replies and I nod before pulling off. 'Work' by Iggy Azalea bumped through my speakers. "Walk a mile in these Lou Vuittons. But they don't wear these shits wear I'm from. I'm not hating I'm just telling you. Tryin to let you know what the fuck I've been through. 2 feet in the red dirt, school skirt, sugar canes, back lanes. 3 jobs, took years to save. But I got a ticket on that plane. People got a lot to say but don't know shit about where I was made. Or how many floors that I had to scrub just to make it past where I am from. No money, no family. 16 in the middle of Miami. No money, no family. 16 in the middle of Miami. No money, no family. 16 in the middle of Miami. No money, no family. 16 in the middle of Miami. I've been up all night, trying to get that rich. I've been work, work, work, work, workin on my shit. Milk the whole game twice. Gotta get it how I live. I've been work, work, work, work, workin on my shit." I sang along to the song. Iggy has mad flow.

*20 minutes later*

We pull up into the parking lot of the school. It was a bunch of cars and buses but it looked like the doors were still locked. "What the hell, man?" Tray says and both our phones ring. "Hello?" "Where you at?" "Back by the trees. Why is everyone still out here?" "I don't know. But have the back door open. You'll see me running." Cole says and I laugh. "Aight." I respond. I hung and looked at my bro. "Santos said that the school flooded and they're trying to clean it up." "Just so we have to come here." I respond and I then I see Cole running with a damn newspaper over his head. I cannot stop laughing. He dives into the backseat. "They tripping, man. We should be able to go home." He says. "But it's not gonna happen." Tray responds.

*30 minutes later*

"Attention, everyone! School is cancelled until further notice!" Dr. Nolan yells through a bullhorn. "Fuckery!" I say we have to sit there and wait for all the cars to pull out before we can drive Cole to his car and go home. "I'll just run over there and you guys back at Kyrie's house." Cole says and starts to get out. "Uh, no you won't cause if you think I'm gonna be putting VapoRub over your chest ... you got another motherfucking thing coming." I say and they laugh.

*15 minutes later*

I'm finally able to pull out of my parking space and over to Cole's car. He gets in and then rolls down his window to say, "I'll be over in a little. Gotta grab some stuff from the house. Love you." "Ok. And love you too." I reply and back up. "You guys are too cute!" Tray says and I laugh. "I know we are."

*2 hours later*

"Yes, may I please be connected to the Criminal Justice department?" I was calling my mom to let her know that we didn't have school today. "How may I help you?" "Could you please connect me to Mrs. Ronalda Williams?" I say and roam the halls of my house. Everybody thinks my mom's name is Antoinette. It's Ronalda. "Hello?" She says. "Hey, mom. I was calling to say that school is cancelled." "Why?" "School flooded." "Weak ass buildings." She says and I double over in laughter. "Aight. Don't eat all my food, young lady." "Yes, ma'am. Love you." "Love you too." She says and we hang up. Right now, I need to eat something or else I'll hurt someone. I run downstairs and look in the freezer. I'm gonna make hot wings. I take out the chicken and set it in the sink. As I was walking out the kitchen, there was a knock on the door. I run over and swing it open to find my brother and Cole standing there. "Hey, y'all." I say as thought about ordering a pizza. When I leave Earth, Eve and I are gonna have a conversation about her eating the apple and punishing all the women of the world. This shit gets serious. "Marshmallow!" I hear but just look in the cabinets. "Marshmallow!" I walk into the living room and look at Cole. "Are you calling me?" I ask. "Yea. Cool Ranch or Nacho Cheese?" "I love that name and Cool Ranch." I reply and he motions for me to come to him. I slide into lap and take the bag of chips out his hand. Dre tosses me a Brisk. "Thanks, you guys." I say and start eating so I can somewhat stop the pounding in my head. Somebody else knocked on the door. "Come in!" We respond and Santos walks in. "Hey, everybody." He says. Before any of us could reply, Santos was tackled by Tray. "That's love." I say and we all laugh. "So, how'd your birthday go? Sorry, I couldn't make it." Dre says. "It was fun! That's all I can really say. It was just fun and yea." "Well, ok. I did get you a present, though." He says and hands me the bag he came in with. I pull out a Black Veil Brides CD, a Body Fantasies perfume set and a framed picture of Dre and I at the city block party. It was taken right after me and Cole's. I get up and hug the hell outta him. "Thanks, De' Andre." I say and bury my face in his neck. "You're welcome." He replies. "Aww!" Tray and Santos gush. I shake my head and get back in Cole's lap. "So, Dre?" "Yea?" "You wanna cook for me?" "Only because I ain't come yesterday." He says and I smile extra hard and lay my head on Cole's shoulder. "Do a duet." Santos says. "You know 'It Won't Stop'?" Cole asks and I nod. "Start it off." He says. I turn around so that I'm straddling his waist. "I love when you pull up in your Jeep, bumping all your beats. J's on with the shades on just to bring something to eat. You man up in the streets but when it comes to my heart, that don't mean a thing, oh " "Baby, hop in my ride. Ooh, it's hot as hell outside. Got the top down with the doors closed, hand up on your thigh." "Drive slow. Take your time." Tray and Santos harmonize on that part. "Every little thing you do got me feeling some type of way." "When you give me that thunder you make my summer rain!" We sang the song while never taking our eyes off each other. "Rockin' yo body to sleep." Cole finishes and leans up to kiss me. "No wonder Izzy be singing that song. You be corrupting my daughter." Dre says from the kitchen and we bust up. "But does she have voice?" "Yea, she got voice." "Then be happy." I say and go out to the garage. I let out all the puppies and laugh when I hear the boys scream. My life is the illest.