No diggity

(Matilda's POV)

The next morning I woke up to the sound of Tom singing, it was a song from the jungle book, he's kind of dorky. I smile to myself. I push the blankets to the end of my bed, and run past my suit case, that's waiting patiently to be unpacked. I'm still in my pjs but I could care less. I bound down the stairs and Tom is still singing, but instead of a song form the jungle book it's a song from Beauty and the Beast.

"What are you singing?" I ask from the door frame, Tom jumps about two feet in the air and spins around.

"Jeez Mal you frightened me, what are you doing up all ready?"

"I heard you singing, you've got a nice voice."

"Thank you, are you hungry?" Tom asks kindly,

"Not really no do you have any Tea?" Tom let's out a small wheezing noise and holds his hands to his chest like he has been shot,

"I'm offended Matilda!" I giggle, "Top shelf." He says pointing towards a cupboard to his left, I walk past Tom who appears to be cooking eggs. I open the cupboard, and the kind of tea I want is on the top shelf, I stand on the tips of my toes but I miss the box by inches.
"Want some help?" Tom asks from behind me,

"No it's okay I got it." I push my self onto full point, and knock the box of the shelf but it bonks me on the head on the way down. "Ow"

"You alright?" Tom asks considerately,

"Just peachy!"

"Well after we eat and get ready, where would you like to go today?"

"What about a park?"

"Excellent idea, but I'm going to need you to wear sunglasses again" I sigh and fold my arms under my breasts. " I know you don't like it but until the both of us are ready, the world doesn't know about you. Now drink you tea and go get dressed." I grab my mug and walk up the stairs to go get dressed. I set my tea down on the nightstand, I unplug my phone and quickly scroll through my messages. 1 new one from Indigo, I'll call her back later. I rummage through my suit case and pull out some clothes, (outfit above) a red sweater, white pant and black sneakers. I go into my bathroom and brush my teeth and hair. I decide to put my hair into two space buns, I put on a little bit of makeup. On the way out of my room I grabbed my phone and sunglasses.

"Matilda are you ready to go?"

"Ya I'm ready!"

{~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~}

The park is full of people. Family's playing on the playground, couples walking hand in hand, and people riding bikes. The sky is full of clouds today, making it kind of chilly.

"So I was thinking" Tom interjects "for lunch mabey we could go and get some fish and chips, my favourite resturant is right down there, I think you'll love it."

"It sounds amazing but, I'm allergic to fish."

"Aww well they have other stuff." Tom rubs the back of his neck, I can't see his eyes through his sunglasses, but I think he's looking straight ahead I glance down at Toms hand and intwine my fingers with his. He looks down and our hands and smiles, "are you liking London so far Mal?"

"It's different, everyone drives on the wrong side of the road, and say things like chips instead of fries and Oh when I say I from Canada they ask me if I lived in an igloo and ride moose's to school but other than that it's good."

"Well the igloo thing will pass with time, but the chips and road- what is that noise?" Tom asks looking around, there's loud booming music coming from the other side of the fountain, I gasp in realization because I know what's going on,

"Come on!" I say, I drag Tom behind me as I run towards the music,

"Matilda! Where are we going?"

"It's a dance crew, hurry!" I plead, I elbow through the crowd and I'm right! There's a whole team, I stand near the front of the crowd and clap along with the beat, there's a girl who looks like me standing at the front, she's wear a dougie, and knee brace, she glances over at me and nods,

"Boys it seems that we have a challenger," her voice is silvery and soft, the people standing behind her start clapping a rhythm, "pick your poison sweetheart"

"No diggity - Dr.Dee" the teams whops and cheers, the girl stars the song she opens her arm like she's presenting something.

I circle my hips, and prep for a double pirouette, I go into a dip pirouette sliding into my middle splits I roll forward and do a chest stand pushing myself into a back bridge I stand up, and pull my leg up beside my head. I spin to face the team,

"Scared?" I challenged, the girl with the silvery voice raises and eyebrow, the team comes to where I'm standing and the start singing it's actually kind of fun the crowd has joined in, when the song finishes everyone cheers,

"What's your name?" She asks as I inhale,

"My names Matilda and who are you?" The girl side eyes one of her friends

"I've got a name but everyone calls me Dot, you should come by our studio some time you fit in well with our team." She digs around in her pocket and pulls out a card "call me some time"

"I will." I walk over to where Tom is standing, he's got a huge smile plastered on his face, he pulls me into a bear hug, "what is this for?" I ask, Tom let's go of me

"You are remarkable!"

"I'm just doing what I Love! Now could we go and get some food? I'm starving" Tom wraps his arm around my shoulder and leads me towards the restaurant, "Tom"

"Yes darling?"

"Thanks for choosing me"