Mr. Pinstripe Suit

(Matilda's POV)

Today's our final rehearsal before the competition next weekend, and Ms. Raine is not in a good mood. "Again!" She screams restarting the music, we all go back to the beginning as the music starts up. We're running our pointe number, and we're all ready to be finished. Olivia well her feet stared bleeding because they are so raw, Bobby's shoes snapped and died halfway through the number. Kit's dying in the corner-period cramp- and me, well I'm trying not to let exhaustion get the best of me. "Alright girls That's all," Ms. Raine says waving here hand, "but before you go let me give you your costumes." She opens the brown box and starts calling names.
"How many costumes are you getting?" Olivia asks me, pulling off her blood stained pointe shoes.
"Four, I think but I'm honestly not to sure." I reply with a shrug.
"Here you are Matilda," Ms Raine says handing me my four costumes. "The blue one is your lyrical, silver is pointe, the leotard with white lace is tap and the other leotard is your solo."
"Thanks Ms Raine, have a nice evening." I say waving over my shoulder. I quickly change out of my sweaty dance clothes and put on my leggings. Auntie Emma is picking me up because dad is still dying, I'm pretty sure it's spontaneous combustion. Emma's waiting out front in her car, I knock on the window and she unlocks it for me,
"Hey Mal How was dance?" She asks, I set my bag down on the floor and do up my seatbelt.
"Oh it was fine I got my costumes for the competition next weekend, we can open them when we get home."
"Cool! Want to get something to drink before we go back to the house?"
"Yes please!"

"Okay last one!" I call putting on my solo costume, its a leotard with nude and black coloured sleeves. I open the bathroom door and spin around for Emma.
"Oh I love this one! Let me take a picture!" She whips out her phone and takes a picture to send to grandma and Shara. "So are you excited for the upcoming week?"
"Ya totally and Echocardiogram and a dance competition, what could be more fun." I reply sarcastically. I go back into the bathroom and close the door,
"Hey Mal I have a question for you." Shara says, I slip off my costume and put it back on the hanger.
"Shoot." I say putting on my leggings and bra, I pull my t-shirt on and kick my dirty clothes in a pile in the corner of the bathroom.
"Why do you think that your a burden?"

'Crap' I think internal "Emma how do you know about that conversation?" I ask opening the bathroom door, I bring my costumes out and hang them on my closet door.
"Tom told me." She says, leaning back in one on my chairs.
"Does everyone know about that conversation?" I asks, sitting down on my bed.
"Tom does, and he asked me to talk to you about it. Why Mal?"
"Because I'm expensive and I've got all the medical things, like my therapist, and the fact that I wake up screaming when I sleep, I passed out and needed stitches in the back of my head. Emma I'm 15 years old and I can't even go to the dentist without crying, any time I go to have my braces tightened they have to give me laughing gas or dad has to be there with me." I run my index finger over the stitches one my pants, trying to mentally compose myself. "Now there's a chance that I have a heart defect, so I have to get a Echocardiogram which can't be cheap and I'm also scared out of my mind for that too! Oh and let's not forget the incident with my rapist, the perfect cherry on top for poor orphan Matilda." I rant, Emma comes over and sits down next to me on the bed she wraps her arm around my shoulder and pulls me into her chest.
   "First thing, your not an orphan. Secondly Tom chose you he's doing all of this willingly, he chose to put up with your sleep screaming and your fear of the dentist. But the incident with Mr. Silversmith is not your fault. Do you understand me Matilda?"
   "Yes." I say sitting up, Emma tucks a lose piece of hair behind my ear and smiles.
   "Want to order in for dinner?" She asks, "your dad doesn't have to know."
   "Ya let's order pizza. It's my last day to eat junk, because starting tomorrow I have to eat clean."

A/N
So I'm going to be writing one more chapter for this book then I'll start writing the second book.
Vote, comment, and rock on!

Xx