All that jazz

A/N
This chapter is basically nails on the chalkboard, bear with me.
(Matilda's POV)

So I'm sitting on the plane flying to Vancouver, Toms sleeping and, snoring in the seat next to me. I've got my earphones trying to drown him out by listening to the Chicago soundtrack. It's 8:30 and we're still an hour away from Vancouver. I'm super bored and have nothing to do so I dig around in my back pack and I find my eyeliner?
So being super bored I take the cap off of my eyeliner and start writing song lyrics on my arm. I'm going to get so much crap for this. The flight attendant comes by and asks if she can get me anything, I thank her and say that I'm all right. She smiles softly and saunters away dreamily.
   "Pop, six, squish, uh uh," the introduction to cell block tango starts, this is definitely one of my favourite songs from Chicago. "He had it coming, he had it coming" they sing. I hum along tapping my foot on the carpeted floor. As I finish writing the song lyrics on my arms, I put the cap back on my eye liner and stuff it back into my bag. I jam my earbuds further into my head and leans back in my seat, I change the playlist from Chicago to 80's music. My guilty pleasure.
   "Ladies and gentlemen, we are about to begin our decent. Please fasten your seatbelts, return you trays to they're upright position, and turn off all electronic devices." The flight attendant instructs over the PA. Well I guess I'm not listening to music, I pull my earbuds out of my ears, and turn off my phone. Dad is still snoring in the seat next to me.
   "Dad, it's time to wake up now." I say, gently poking Tom in the rib, he lets out a pathetic little squeak noise, and he opens his eyes. "Hey the plane is about to land." I say he runs his fingers through his now, ginger coloured hair. Pull my sweater sleeve over my arm hid my new temporary tattoo.
   "How long did I sleep for?" Dad asks, I click my dinner tray into its upright position,
   "The whole time, can't blame you though you've been flying for two days."
   "I'm sorry sweet I didn't mean to leave you alone, how can I make it up to you?"
   "We could get Tim Hortons", I suggest Tom let's out a laugh and agrees.
   "Hey do you think we could see Nick and Indigo while were here?" I ask
   "I thought that Indigo was visiting family."
"Oh ya, forgot about that."
   "But Nick definitely, I'd like to talk to his dads as well,"
"About what?" I question further.
"Nothing for you to worry about, when we get to the hotel I'll text Nick's dad. What's his name again?"
"Which dad?"
"Fair point, the blond one."
"That's Carter, and the other one is called John."

The plane lands and everyone gets off, there's a car waiting for Tom and I to take us to our hotel, but we stop at Tim's first, as promised.
We drive to the hotel dad sipping on his coffee me slurping my frozen hot chocolate. When we get up to the hotel room dad immediately gets in the shower, I change into my pj's and crawl into bed with my phone(with earbuds) my stuffed dog spot. I jam my earbuds into my ears and turn on my 80's playlist, and shut the lamp off next to me. I hold spot close to my chest and let the sound of Joan Jets, I love rock and roll, send me off to sleep.

{~~~}

   "NOO! GET OFF OF ME!" I scream, a pair of hands locks tightly on my shoulders and starts shaking me violently.
   "Matilda it's dad! You need to wake up! Open your eyes!"
"Matilda it's Tom! Wake up!" I thrash around violently before the pair of hands let's go of my shoulders. But, seconds later I'm greeted with a splash of cold water on my face. I sit up sputter, and wiping the water off my face. Tom's standing there holding an empty glass, you figure out where the water went. The corners of his mouth pointed down in a frown. He sets the glass of water on the night stand and he sits down next to me.
"I'm sorry dad." I say bunching the blanket in my hands.
"Matilda", Dad says. He wraps his arms around me and holds me for a moment. "When was the last time you slept with out a having nightmare?"
"I can't remember."
Dad let's out the one of the saddest noises I've ever herd.
"And that my sweet is a problem." He lets go of me and looks me right in the eye. "Sleep sweet, tomorrow we will go and see Nick and his dad's. I'll be here if you have another nightmare. I love you."
"I love you to dad."