PDA

(Matilda's POV)

So if you have a brother, or a dad, any male figure in your life he's probably had a cold before. Right, well Tom is currently on his death bed. I woke up to the sound of him vomiting into his toilet, and I kid you not I almost threw up to. After the horrible vile noises stopped I went and checked in on him, his face was paper white and he was absolutely drenched in sweat.
"Mal," dad whispers meekly "get out of here I don't want you to get sick." He try's to stand but his eyes go wide and he immediately sinks back down into the floor.
"Come on" I say helping dad up by his arm "let's get you into your bed." I walk him out of the bathroom and over to his bed, he flops down onto the plush bed and mashes his face into his pillow. I walk into the bathroom to see that there vomit on the floor, 'shit' I mutter under my breath. I look under the sink for the cleaner and paper towel and there's none.
"Back in a second." I say to dad, I bounce down the stairs and dig under the kitchen sink, and luckily there are paper towels and cleaner. I shove the roll under my arm, and close the cupboard. When I go back into dads bedroom he's asleep, and he snores like a truck. I creep into the bathroom and start cleaning up my dads vomit, I'd say we need boundaries but my dad did change the gauze in my mouth, so. I throw the dirty paper towel pieces in the trash bin and wash my hands, dad let's out a loud breath. I lean back and peer through the open bathroom door, he's rolled over into his back is all. I dry my hand on the towel and wet a wash cloth for dad. I ring it out in the sink and fold it nicely,
"Aww you poor baby." I say pursing my lips, dad truly looks Ill. I wipe his face and lay the wash cloth on his forehead, his eyes barley open before they close again. "I'll be downs stairs if you need me." I say pulling the blankets up over dads chest, I quickly sneak out of the room and into my bedroom. I change out of my Pj's and put on some legging and a t-shirt. I make my bed and grab my phone of my nightstand. When I get downstairs I connect my phone to the Bluetooth speaker and turn the volume down so it only at like 2, I put on my 'pop' playlist and hit shuffle.

As quietly as I can I make some soup for dad, but outside of the dance studio I'm kinda like a new born baby giraffe, who's never walked before. In a nutshell I'm extremely clumsy. So I flop around the kitchen and make dad some soup, I put the kettle on the stove and boil some water for tea. I dig around in the pantry for the breakfast tray and find it buried behind a bunch of pans. I set everything up on the tray and try my very hardest not to spill anything on the way up to dads bedroom. Dads still sound asleep when I get to his bedroom, so I set the tray on his night stand and sit down next to him on the bed.
"Hey I brought you some food." I say gently, stroking his hair, he's still burning up probably a fever. Dad stirs softly and opens his eyes. "I brought you some tea and soup." I repeat so that dad can actually hear me,
"Thanks Mal" he croaks "I'm sorry this is probably just a 24 hour thing."
"Hey don't worry about it, it happens." I say "Eat if you can, I will be downstairs." I lean down and kiss dads cheek, he smiles softly and closes his eyes again. I go back down onto the main floor to clean up my mess, and to call Nick.

{~~~}

"Did you find it here Okay?" I ask Nick taking his coat and hanging it on the hanger. He takes of his sneakers and leaves them at the front door. He called a cab.
"Ya, man does it ever stop raining here?" He questions, setting his binder down on the counter. "Nice house."
"Thanks it's my dads" I walk over to the fridge, "are you hungry?"
"Nah I'm good I ate at the school, hey where is your dad?"
"Dying upstairs in his bedroom, Oh! Ice cream!" I say pulling the tub of frozen chocolate-y goodness out of the fridge.
"What do you man he's dying?" Nick asks, I pull two spoons out of the drawer and hand one to him.
I pop the lid off the ice cream tub and dip my spoon in "he's got a 24 hour thing, he puked all over the floor this morning."
"That disgusting." Nick remarks shoving some ice cream into his mouth, "Hey, so do you think you can help me with this assignment?" Nick asks unzipping his binder, "we're supposed to write about our country of origin and its history, and your really good with facts and stuff."
"Ya I'll help, when is it do?" I ask reading the assignment page.
"At the end of the month, so around the time of your Echocardiogram and dance competition."
"Please don't remind me, Okay so it says you need to create a visual piece and write/explain why you chose that thing. So what did you have in mind?"
"I was thinking about doing a collage with a bunch of things that make Canada, Canada but I would make it in the shape of a maple leaf."
"You should do it as the Canadian flag! That would be cool!" I put the lid back on the ice cream and shove it back in the freezer, the sound of dad vomiting drifts down the stairs causing mine and Nick's head to turn. "I'll call you a cab." I say to Nick,
As I dial the cab number Nick starts talking, "Hey so we should probably talk about our conversation we had on Wednesday."

"There's nothing to talk about, Okay." I snap holding the phone away from my face "Yes 15 minuets, Thanks." I hang up the phone and set it down on the counter.
"Matilda, why would you ever think that your a burden to your dad?" He grills, I let out a frustrated sigh. I run my fingers through my hair and count to ten.
"You know how expensive dance is and how much trouble I am. I'm 15 years old and I have a fear of the dentist."
"But Mal, he chose you. Remember that." A yellow cab pulls up out front and honk, "I've got to go, I'll call you soon." Nick gently kisses me on the cheek and hurries our the door with his binder. I watch as the yellow lemon cab pulls away, dad lets out another vile noise. I pick up my phone and hit the call button.

   "Hey doctor C? It's Matilda, are you busy right now?"