The Imperal March

(Matilda's POV)

I woke up with a tear stained face and a new mental scar. I fell asleep in Toms arms. I never changed into pjs, I slept in my jeans and sports bra. Tom was In a black suit he looks very worn out, and kind of broken hearted. I feel bad for pushing it all on him last night, Tom was already awake he was lying next to me playing a game on his phone.

"Mmmmm" I moaned, Tom leans down and kissed my head. "Morning dad"

"Morning Mal, sleep well?"

"Once I calmed down yes." Tom pops his lips, he strokes my hair and we sit there in silence for a few minutes, it's a comforting silence. After a moment or so Tom starts listing off things that we have to do today. "I don't want to get ready. I'm to emotional drained." 

"I know, but you will feel better when you start moving" Tom sits up and pushes himself off the bed, "Are you going to get up willingly, or do I have to drag you off that bed"

"No I'm getting up, are you showering first?" Tom shakes his head and points to his hair,

"Can't with the wig. I've got to get Ms. Edwards to fix it, it's fallen down."

"Oh here let me see."

"No Mal I rather I have Ms. Edwards fix it so-"

"Don't you trust me?" I mimic what Tom told me on my birthday, he smiles and sits down in the desk chair. I pull four bobby pin out of my makeup box and some hair gel, Tom seems rather, proud. I start pinning his wig back down, hiding the bobby pins under his hair. I gel his hair line so it lays a little more flat. I hold one pin in between my lips and my brow furrows as I work. Tom has got out the whole time, he's videotaping me. "See perfect!"

"Wow Mal. This is amazing! How did you learn to do this?"

"Dance."

"That makes perfect sense, well hurry up and change we have a stop to make before comic con."

"Okay, can I use the bathroom first?"

"Of course." I pull a pair of Black leggings and a Marvel t-shirt out of my suit case. Tom tells me not to worry about doing my hair or makeup, just dress casually, he says. I stuff my phone, a charger, and my wallet into my backpack. I brush my teeth and pull my hair into a low ponytail. Tom is already dressed by the time I'm done in the bathroom. We walk down the hall together and keep with a steady conversation. The car ride to Comicon was fun! Tom wouldn't stop telling cheesy dad jokes. When we arrived at the hotel, Tom took me to his dressing room and in the corner of the room hanging on a hanger is my costume. I gently touch the gold shield pins, I run my fingers along the hem of the skirt.

"Do you like it?" A very honeyed voice asks from behind me, I turn around and there are two people standing in the doorway. A woman in her 40's with red hair and a young boy about 20 with purple hair.

"I love it."

"Mal I've go to go get in to my costume, will you be okay in here by yourself?"

"I'll be fine."

"All right, I'll be back in a few minutes." Said dad as he walked out of the room. Ms. Edwards was still standing in the doorway,

"I noticed you fixed your fathers wig, you did a fantastic job!"

"Thank you. I'm Matilda by the way." I hold out my hand, Ms. Edwards hugs me instead.

"I'm Lisa Edwards, I've been doing your dads hair for a very long time, speaking of which Zach go see in Mr. H needs anything." The boy silently nods and hurries out of the room. "That's my son, he doesn't say much. But his style sure makes up for it. Now you father asked that I help you with your hair and make up. Run along and go get dressed"