Palace

A/N
Heads up I'm going to bounce around a lot during this chapter so any time you see this ~ know that I've switched point in times

(Matilda's POV)

"Please welcome to the stage Matilda Tara dancing Palace" the announcer calls, her voice pounding through the speakers. I run onto the stage and I stand in my starting position.
'My head is filled with ruins, most of them I built with you' I spin around a let my emotions flow through my dancing and my facial expression. I jump and flip with every ounce of courage left in my body, and my two minuets on the stage fly by. I can't stay still any more.

~ "Can I keep my sports bra on?" I ask the nurse following her into the room where I will have my Echocardiogram done.
"As long as there's no metal in it." She reply's gesturing for me to lay down on a table. I lay down keeping my sports bra on, the nurse covers my legs with a blanket and attaches sticky thing to my chest. "So this will take about forty five minutes to a hour, and you'll have stay still."

~ "Please welcome the dancer back to stage for adjudication and awards!" The audience politely applauses we all walk back onto stage but my mind is somewhere else,
"Matilda Tara", I step forward and the stage lights fill my vision. Most of here speech is fuzzy in my mind "high gold and first place!" I accept the trophy and gold pin and step back into line.

~ "Come on Matilda open the door." Dad pleads, I rest my head against my bedroom door and let tears run down my face. "Mal it's not the end of the world."

~ "Hey Mal were all going out for a celebration dinner you want to come?" Oliva asks me with a soft smile.
"No thanks, you guys have fun." I say zipping up my costume bag. She wraps her arms around me, a hug her back half heartedly.
"See you next week." I part waving as she leaves with the rest of my dance team. I look at my reflection in the mirror, and put my hand over my heart.

~My phone starts ringing, a call from Dr.C. I decided to answers this call,
"Hello"
"Hey Matilda, your dad just called and told me. I thought that you might like a breakdown of how it works."
"It's okay the specialist explained it all to me already, but I appreciate the offer."
"Matilda you need to talk about this with someone, We need to talk about this. I can hear it in your voice that your scared."
"It's okay, I have to go. My competition starts soon. Bye Dr. C"
"Bye Matilda."

~ "Atrial septal defect, ASD. It's a hole in between the upper two chambers of your heart." The specialist says, "it's something your born with and it causes stress which leads to sever anxiety and sleep disruptions."
   "Why wasn't this caught when she was younger?" Dad asks, folding his arms across his chest. The doctor shrugs,
"Okay so how do we fix it?" I ask, trying to keep my anxiety to a minimum.
"Normally we wait a couple of months to see if it goes away on its own, but Matilda has s larger hole then I'm accustomed to so I am recommending we fix it with surgery."

A/n
And that my dears is the end of the first book! I'm sorry for the cliffhanger, but the next book will be called 'Because of me' so keep a look out for that one. I can't tell you guys enough about how much I appreciate that you are reading my incredibly amateur stories, it means a lot to me! Vote, comment, and rock on
Xx