La Devotee

(Matilda's POV)

   So let me fill you in on what you missed. A while ago we went to Disneyland which may I add was amazing! In two weeks Tom comes back to LA, then we travel for a little while to do some press, and then (finally) we go back to London. But until then I'm staying with the Evans, you know Chris, Megan, Chase and now their mom who showed up out of the blue. She seems nice but if you ask me I think she's up to something. Right now I'm sitting on the back porch doing my math lessons. I really hate math. Oh and I get my cast off later to day, finally a real shower. Megan is sitting across form me doing her lessons but instead of math she's trying, key word, to learn Spanish.

   "Mal how do you say 'to love'?" she asks

   "El amor." I state simply hardly looking up from my books, I hear the faint scratching of her penile against the paper and then it stops suddenly. I shut my computer and fold the cover of my scribbler back over. I look up at Megan and she's giving me a thought full stare, "how many languages do you actually speak? Because I feel like its more than three."

   "I speak three fluently, French, Spanish, and, sign. I also know a little bit of Itailan but I swear that's it."

   "Ohh will you say something in Italian?" She pleads, sticking out her bottom lip. I sigh and use my  good hand to run my fingers through my hair

   "Sono molto eccitato per vedere il mio papà di nuovo. Translation I can't wait to see my dad again."

"that's amazing who taught you all these languages?"

"Well I was born in Québec so French is my first language, my best friend is deaf, learning Spanish was just for fun. Oh and Italian because I have Italian back ground. What about you? What's your background?"

"Born in Boston and that's really all I know. My mom who I thought was dead and buried six feet underground is apparently alive, my dad is a famous actor who is also a really big softie. And that's really it."

"Hey how's your acting going?"

"pretty good, could be better but dad wants me to focus on school work or a little while anyway so, how's your dance or have you even started that yet?"

"I start in October. I'm done with my math you almost finished with Spanish?"

"Yup I'm done for today, you want some ice cream?"

"stupid question, I always want ice cream. I'm super excited my dad gets back into town on Friday."

{~~~}

"So Matilda you happy to have your cast off" Megan's mom asks as we sit down at the restaurant booth. I wiggle my fingers and crack my wrist,

"Ya I'm really excited to take proper shower, and be able to type on my computer." Chase really wanted to eat out tonight so Chris agreed, we came to a some-what fancy restaurant that serves, from what I hear, amazing Italian food. We order our food and drinks and watch the sun set over the California coast. The food comes and as the reviews, say its amazing. We eat and talk, Megan laughs at all of her mom's jokes, but I have this feeling that she's up to something.

On the car ride back to the Evans house Chris and Audrey sing Disney songs "aren't they cute together?" Megan asks with a smile, she's so happy to have her family back together, I don't want to ruin it for her. So I just smile and nod. When we get back to the house Megan, Chris, Chase, and Audrey pile into the living room to watch a movie. But I sneak past them and make a run for my bedroom, well its not actually mine. I unplug my computer and open the sliding glass door that leads to the patio. I sit down in one of the chairs that's next to the pool and log onto Skype. I click on Tom's icon and listen to the ringing sound after a moment or so and then Tom's smiling face fills up the screen.

"Hey sweet, how's your day been?" he asks propping his head up with his hand.

"Okay I guess, I got my cast off which is nice and I got most of my monthly lessons done today. How was filming?" I ask, Tom fills me in on his day he they finished filming a day early so he will actually be home Thursday instead of Friday, so we're going to go back to Vancouver so I can see Nick and Indigo. "I'm going go take a shower I will call you tomorrow, night dad."

"I love you Mal sleep well"

"love you too. Bye." I hit the end button and close my computer, I can hear Megan and Chase laughing with one another, sometimes I really miss my big sister.